Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Auto dipping full beam head lights. Or, more specifically, drivers who rely on this to avoid dazzling other motorists.
They react so slowly it is way too late, and I am already dazzled. Worse still, the headlights in Mrs Mogs BMW are not bright enough to trigger the dipping at all.
Poor invention.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Women! Or maybe just golf club women!

"Hi Ladies. That team photo was so fabulous I've ordered you all a copy to keep".

"Hi Ladies. The photos have arrived. If you can pay me the £2.50 asap and I'll pay the photographer".

Is it just me or does the first message suggest a nice gift? The 2nd email contained discussions with the photographer where she decided on what size photo etc.

I don't really want one but felt it churlish to turn down her offer!

Or maybe I'm just at the end of my tether with them all.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It 'may' be a massive irritation to those who have booked a holiday over the weekend of the early May Bank Holiday - as they may have missed the fact that this bank holiday has been moved from Monday 4th May to Friday 8th May. For VE Day.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

"Hi Ladies. That team photo was so fabulous I've ordered you all a copy to keep".

"Hi Ladies. The photos have arrived. If you can pay me the £2.50 asap and I'll pay the photographer".

Is it just me or does the first message suggest a nice gift? The 2nd email contained discussions with the photographer where she decided on what size photo etc.

2 options;

pay its onlt £2.50 after all
tell them you don't want one...

sorted;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Losing a safe seat is incompetant is it not?

Honours system around Poitics is a joke regardless of the party they represent.
Not really incompetence on her part - Corbyn perhaps - but not necessarily her. She was simply like King Canute trying to stop the tide coming in. Indeed Canute knew he couldn't stop the tide and was just demonstrating that even as King there was nothing that he could do to thwart the power of nature - in Johnson we had a 'power of nature' that she could do nothing to counter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I wouldn't be paying for that. Generally one should make people aware that they'll have to pay for something before the event so they have the opportunity to decline.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't be paying for that. Generally one should make people aware that they'll have to pay for something before the event so they have the opportunity to decline.
There is a difference between what we might want to do and what the right thing to do is. Great if they are the same. Very often, as here, they are not. I suggest as much as we might not want to pay for the photo - the right thing to do is actually to just pay for it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There is a difference between what we might want to do and what the right thing to do is. Great if they are the same. Very often, as here, they are not. I suggest as much as we might not want to pay for the photo - the right thing to do is actually to just pay for it.
Surely the right thing to do is find out how many people want one and then order that many rather than make assumptions...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it isn't. If I said I was ordering you a new car, then I said it turned up and you owe me £250,000, would you be saying the right thing to do is pay me for it then??
Surely the right thing to do is find out how many people want one and then order that many rather than make assumptions...
Obviously this!

Wolf

Visit site
The right thing to do is consult people about whether they want to pay for one. You can't order something on behalf of someone else then demand money from them without agreement. Regardless of the cost involved.

I would be telling them I don't want it and wouldn't be giving them the £2.50.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That is indeed the right thing that she should have done - but our OPster has the dilemma - do what she wants to do (thanks but no thanks) - or do the right thing (ok - you made the effort - you should have checked - but I'll have one to avoid upset)

D

Deleted member 21258

Gall Stones....... holy crap, i've never had pain like it.

They can be very painful that's for sure, about 7.5 out of 10 on the pain scale. Wifes mum had them but no pain and passed some but didn't even realise she had, until she went yellow.

Used to have them and some attacks went on for hours, sure don't miss them.:LOL:

Your first one or had loads of attacks already and are you signed up for keyhole surgery ?