Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Been feeling very dizzy since Monday. It's like being permanently spannered. Walking in a straight line requires concentration.

Some people would spend a fortune to feel like this.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Theatres - and cinemas to some extent - that sell (and/or allow you to take in) "noisy" snacks. There was a bunch of folk in the row behind yesterday who were rustling like rats on a rubbish heap all through the performance. Arghh!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Appears our deposed former MP is in line for a peerage.

Labour MP elected in 2015 in a Labour stronghold. The EU referendum result was strongly leave.

Totally ignored the wishes of her electorate and the seat is now in Conservative hands.

Talk about reward for failure......
Alternatively she thought that her responsibility was to do what she thought best for her electorate and the country as a whole. Her electorate disagreed. She would have known full well the risk she was running with her constituents...but stuck to what she thought was right - which is what she's actually elected to do. No idea what she has done in her time as an MP to deserve a peerage - but sticking to what she thought was right should not IMO disqualify her.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going into clothes shop and not being completely sure where the ladies section ends and the mens begins.

On a similar line to this, the way that every time I go to a clothes shop, the women's' section seems to have eaten up another chunk of the men's' section. It is as if it has been decided that men do not need new clothes or shoes and if we do, we are happy to chose from about 6 styles (OK maybe a point there).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
On a similar line to this, the way that every time I go to a clothes shop, the women's' section seems to have eaten up another chunk of the men's' section. It is as if it has been decided that men do not need new clothes or shoes and if we do, we are happy to chose from about 6 styles (OK maybe a point there).
yes every time i go into M&S in Sneck the mens is smaller, soon there won't be one:unsure:

D

Deleted member 3432

Alternatively she thought that her responsibility was to do what she thought best for her electorate and the country as a whole. Her electorate disagreed. She would have known full well the risk she was running with her constituents...but stuck to what she thought was right - which is what she's actually elected to do. No idea what she has done in her time as an MP to deserve a peerage - but sticking to what she thought was right should not IMO disqualify her.

The point is she hasn't done anything to deserve a peerage, only been an MP for one term and managed to lose what is a 'safe' Labour seat.

I don't have a problem with her ignoring her electorate, we had the choice to re-elect her or not. To be getting a peerage for incompetance just stinks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joking aside, it may be that men are resorting to online shopping more and more. I know personally I hate going to actual shops, and, knowing my size, tend to order a lot of clothes and such online. Whereas women are more likely to visit the shops to try things on etc as they always have done.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Joking aside, it may be that men are resorting to online shopping more and more. I know personally I hate going to actual shops, and, knowing my size, tend to order a lot of clothes and such online. Whereas women are more likely to visit the shops to try things on etc as they always have done.
TBH i find sizes wildly differ of anything i've ever tried to buy online , so i don't tend to buy anything unless i try it on first now

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And why do shops put the changing rooms right next to the lingerie section - I always feel like a right dirty old man when waiting hours for Mrs S to try on loads of outfits

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finding it surprisingly difficult to volunteer for a couple of local animal rescue centres. One doesn't have sufficient volunteer co-ordinators to co-ordinate new volunteers and hasn't for months and doesn't expect to for months. The other ignored 2 emails and then when I phoned was told they're too busy to deal with my enquiry at the moment...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The point is she hasn't done anything to deserve a peerage, only been an MP for one term and managed to lose what is a 'safe' Labour seat.

I don't have a problem with her ignoring her electorate, we had the choice to re-elect her or not. To be getting a peerage for incompetance just stinks.
You haven’t demonstrated incompetence.
And take a look at the Tories being given peerages after being deselected.

D

Deleted member 3432

You haven’t demonstrated incompetence.
And take a look at the Tories being given peerages after being deselected.

Losing a safe seat is incompetant is it not?

Honours system around Poitics is a joke regardless of the party they represent.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Maybe she has a significant knowledge and background in an area of life that Labour think would be very useful to have in the House of Lords. Dunno. Would seem odd, I agree, if she has nothing specific to offer to the Lords in debates or sitting on committees.