Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The guy this morning that insisted he was getting on a packed train with his bike.
There wasn't any room for people let along bikes. But he persisted and asked people if they could get off and get the next train so he could get his bike on.
Cyclist idiot.
The answer I'd have given would have got me an infraction here!

That's asking for a punch on the nose

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
HSBC business banking. We have put in a complaint about their poor service and have received a letter back from them advising they will respond to our complaint within 8 weeks. 8 weeks to respond :eek::eek:. That is worthy of another complaint in itself.

8 weeks is nowt.
Some 10 years ago I had a dispute with the same crowd. I'd had a couple of accounts since 1970s and we went to the Ombudsman. Despite sending copies of statements bank's. their legal team said they had no record of my accounts. After 6 months both Bank and Ombudsman then claimed to have lost all their records. We sent photocopies - Ombudsman 3 months later dismissed the issue suggesting it would need to go to court (which of course they'd drag out and make too expensive!). We discovered the Ombudsman's investigator' was an ex-bank employee :mad::mad::mad:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Cough, cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze, sneeze. Both HID and I, along with half the people we know are full of cold. Apparently the criteria for an epidemic is 55 people in every 1000 a day going to the docs with the same symptoms. The local health authority has issued a statement saying that there's currently 106 in every 1000. Interesting stat, not. Just give me a good book and a glass of brandy a few times a day and I'll fight it my way.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HSBC business banking. We have put in a complaint about their poor service and have received a letter back from them advising they will respond to our complaint within 8 weeks. 8 weeks to respond :eek::eek:. That is worthy of another complaint in itself.
It probably takes so long as there is a massive pile of complaints to get through. :)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Midsomer Murders S18 E4 Breaking the Chain.
When a cyclist is murdered by throwing a spanner into his wheel.
One of these
View attachment 28996
The actors then spend the whole episode calling it a wrench :mad:
How can that be murder? Bash them over the head with it, yes, but just lobbing it into the spokes is surely just manslaughter.
Give me a proper detective program any day, such as Father Brown or Scooby Doo. :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
How can that be murder? Bash them over the head with it, yes, but just lobbing it into the spokes is surely just manslaughter.
Give me a proper detective program any day, such as Father Brown or Scooby Doo. :)

Hey, there's only one top TV policeman, the great Joe Swanson!
joe-swanson-family-guy-1550245927.jpg

D

Deleted member 23270

Lack of depth in British tennis ?...
Probably down to a lack of young people not taking up the sport due to the dress code :unsure:

Or maybe we just don't encourage our kids to participate in sport enough, most would rather play on their phones all the time..................

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably down to a lack of young people not taking up the sport due to the dress code :unsure:

Or maybe we just don't encourage our kids to participate in sport enough, most would rather play on their phones all the time..................

I agree there's a strong case for lack of encouragement to kids participation in sport in general... But cycling appears to be bucking the trend... Perhaps it's time for other sports to follow their lead...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The press digging around what peripheral royals are doing in life to see if they can kick up a fuss about them 'using their position' for personal gain. That some may have been doing commercial bits and pieces over many years without anyone bothering does not seem to matter - as a confected anger over these peripherals sets the ground work for spiteful anger and indignation to be directed at Harry and Meghan whatever they do in the future. By attacking the peripherals today, they will protest that they cannot be accused of hypocrisy in the future when they attack Harry and Meghan. How very sad.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found out earlier some poor lad from the village I live in died last night, only in his early 20s. Rumour has it he committed suicide after a long bout of depression.
Quite shocked and saddened, although I didn't really know him I know his mother quite well as she works behind the bar in the local pub.
Just goes to show you never truly know what's going on in someone's mind.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Smeg appliances, haven’t been impressed with them from the start since moving into new house and now the dishwasher heating element or thermostat has gone, going to cost a small fortune to repair.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Smeg appliances, haven’t been impressed with them from the start since moving into new house and now the dishwasher heating element or thermostat has gone, going to cost a small fortune to repair.

Normally quite decent machines (depending on age). Also it tends to be the PCB that goes as opposed to the element/stat unit. Still expensive though :(

D

Deleted member 3432

Appears our deposed former MP is in line for a peerage.

Labour MP elected in 2015 in a Labour stronghold. The EU referendum result was strongly leave.

Totally ignored the wishes of her electorate and the seat is now in Conservative hands.

Talk about reward for failure......

Wolf

Visit site
Savage pain im currently experiencing in my left achilles tendon. Was having a nice little run on treadmill yesterday when started to get a dull ache in it, so eased off and rested. Today though it literally feels like a Trojan has stuck an arrow through. Stupid bloody tendon thats me not training or golfing this week now.