Random Irritations

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Someone getting their Knickers in a twist over someone else’s “random irritation” ?

Don’t let it bother you,jeeeez ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm getting better .. I could prob give a go but as I'm not gas Safe would that affect their cover if I touched it?
Dont think Gas Safe comes into it. You have to be Gas Safe registered to do it for money, but anyone can legally play with gas if it's their own. Being competant is more important.

Sadly people exagerating faults and issues especially at this time of year is a real issue, and often leads to more needy cases being left as a result.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I offered to pay for s plumber . They can afford it but they would rather use the service they pay for

Sometimes best to just pay the extra. Can get a plumber anytime of day

Might be worth checking if your parents have any cover for boiler emergency repairs included in their home insurance cover...

If not, plenty on YouTube on how to resolve the dreaded F75

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not playing today as course was closed so tasked with standing in a queue to pick up our turkey. Strict instructions at the door not to queue until 10 minutes before allotted slot and still had to wait 45 minutes to get the turkey. Does look good though. Rest of the shop looked like carnage so quite fun watching people go into meltdown when the item they wanted wasn't on the shop.

Irritation compounded by HID absolutely adamant that we then go out again this afternoon to Sainsbury's (bigger selection apparently) and stock up on the Christmas drinks. Now bearing that HID rarely drinks I'm worried that she's got four cans of pink gin and tonic (the ready mixed ones) and a rather nice and large bottle of rhubard and ginger gin to try. Add in a bottle of vodka apparently already there, the wine we got in, and the Prosecco and I think I've finally managed to drive her to drink. Sainsbury's was a total nightmare. Families queuing with two fully loaded trolleys of food and drink, rows in the aisles and more standing around going nowhere waiting to pay followed by fifteen minutes to get out the car park. Think I'm tucking into my booze stash early after all that. And giving that rhubarb and ginger gin a go
It’s a few days before Christmas and that is what the supermarkets are going to be like. Just turn up, accept it’s going to be rammed and some items sold out. It’s once a year and is part of the Christmas experience. Time to buy lots of drink, some of which will sit at the back of the drinks cabinet for months or even years, loads of snacks, nuts and random other stuff, last minute gifts for the relatives you forgot and pass the time of day with other shoppers when you are queued behind three full trollies at the checkout. I quite enjoy it - it’s all about the mindset you approach it with. Doing our shop tomorrow morning and I may have changed my view when my other half goes into meltdown when there are no parsnips in the shop.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pointless ‘studies’ by so called influential think tanks and universities- one today has stated that men who have alcohol and drug addictions are more likely to commit domestic violence. Really didn’t see that one coming!!!
Shouldn’t these people spend time doing a real job?

And before anyone jumps in, I am saying the study is stupid, not domestic violence

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Pointless ‘studies’ by so called influential think tanks and universities- one today has stated that men who have alcohol and drug addictions are more likely to commit domestic violence. Really didn’t see that one coming!!!
Shouldn’t these people spend time doing a real job?

And before anyone jumps in, I am saying the study is stupid, not domestic violence
It’s important to do actual studies into these things as often the public are won over by common thinking even though it’s not backed up by evidence. For example - Corbyn being antisemetic - demonstrably not true but it’s still believed by many because word of mouth and emotion dominates.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s important to do actual studies into these things as often the public are won over by common thinking even though it’s not backed up by evidence. For example - Corbyn being antisemetic - demonstrably not true but it’s still believed by many because word of mouth and emotion dominates.

You will usually see these "studies" being in the press on a Monday morning. That's because the PR companies involved send them out on the Sunday because that is the quietest news day in the business. And don't believe for a minute that any kind of "public vote or agreement" has ever taken place. I worked in the PR business for long enough to know the game and can spot one of these a mile away.

Pathetic Shark,, Cynic UK, News at Ten

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Earlier today my son’s best mate lost his battle with alcoholism. Only 37 years old...

He leaves a very devoted, and long suffering, sweet gentle wife and two young children.

He fought, won and lost many times but the damage to his liver was too great in the end.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Earlier today my son’s best mate lost his battle with alcoholism. Only 37 years old...

He leaves a very devoted, and long suffering, sweet gentle wife and two young children.

He fought, won and lost many times but the damage to his liver was too great in the end.
So sad and so young :cry::cry:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My family at Christmas ............................ and you thought Brexit was complex and divisive!
I'm busy playing the peace maker.