Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New irritation today. Tonight we're playing a gig but only opening the night with a semi-acoustic set because our drummer is away. Was hoping to just bring guitars, borrow amps, nice and easy. (Usually the headline band might provide amps, or at least one of the main slot bands.) But it seems like none of the other bands have a guitar amp between them and we're gonna have to save the day by lugging mine down there. How can four bloody bands and a gig promoter not have an amp between them?? Ridiculous.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
New irritation today. Tonight we're playing a gig but only opening the night with a semi-acoustic set because our drummer is away. Was hoping to just bring guitars, borrow amps, nice and easy. (Usually the headline band might provide amps, or at least one of the main slot bands.) But it seems like none of the other bands have a guitar amp between them and we're gonna have to save the day by lugging mine down there. How can four bloody bands and a gig promoter not have an amp between them?? Ridiculous.

Yeah yeah, cut the crap and tell us more about sofa girl's antics?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Social media warriors.. So many on Arsenal fan groups and ither social media forums insulting Arteta and saying they've publicly abused him on his social media, such brave people. Lets hope they haven't figured out how to breed

We'll gladly have him back!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
She eventually had it out with her over text and sofa girl was seemingly very apologetic and ashamed of herself. I don't actually know if they saw each other face to face this morning.

I'm currently still in bed, sofa girl is downstairs and I haven't seen her since the incident, and she knows that I heard. So there could be some awkwardness in the next half an hour when I go down... :LOL:

Have you had the hidden surveillance cameras installed yet?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Haha not much more to add. I was having a drink with the mate that fancies sofa girl last night. After two pints I did tell him about it, and he says it didn't bother him. The missus avoided her all day and waited for me to get home but two pints became eight so I didn't get back til later. She eventually had it out with her over text and sofa girl was seemingly very apologetic and ashamed of herself. I don't actually know if they saw each other face to face this morning.

I'm currently still in bed, sofa girl is downstairs and I haven't seen her since the incident, and she knows that I heard. So there could be some awkwardness in the next half an hour when I go down... :LOL:

How do you know it wasnt a " When Harry met Sally moment" ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haha not much more to add. I was having a drink with the mate that fancies sofa girl last night. After two pints I did tell him about it, and he says it didn't bother him. The missus avoided her all day and waited for me to get home but two pints became eight so I didn't get back til later. She eventually had it out with her over text and sofa girl was seemingly very apologetic and ashamed of herself. I don't actually know if they saw each other face to face this morning.

i bet it doesn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
risked my knee this moring to play, and got though fine.... sticking my bag in the back of the car and did my back, waddling around like a 90 year old now, as well as the limp:rolleyes:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yep, welcome to the crap world of gear sharing.
I generally used to take my kit to these gigs as we'd be on last, rules were always, bring your own cymbals and snare drum. You guessed it, no one ever did. Best one was a young lad who had those Ahead aluminium drum sticks, put it straight through my drum head and I stupidly didn't have a spare :cry:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, welcome to the crap world of gear sharing.
I generally used to take my kit to these gigs as we'd be on last, rules were always, bring your own cymbals and snare drum. You guessed it, no one ever did. Best one was a young lad who had those Ahead aluminium drum sticks, put it straight through my drum head and I stupidly didn't have a spare :cry:
We had a similar problem at a charity gig with 5 bands sharing a drum kit, the drummer from band 2 turned up late and remembered he was left handed . The kit was on a rack and seemingly couldn't be altered, and no room to set up another kit .
Instead of just letting another drummer stand in, they decided not to play at all, leaving me to rearrange the programme :mad:

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a similar problem at a charity gig with 5 bands sharing a drum kit, the drummer from band 2 turned up late and remembered he was left handed . The kit was on a rack and seemingly couldn't be altered, and no room to set up another kit .
Instead of just letting another drummer stand, they decided not to play at all, leaving me to rearrange the programme :mad:

Bloody left handers, they should be banned from playing instruments ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not playing today as course was closed so tasked with standing in a queue to pick up our turkey. Strict instructions at the door not to queue until 10 minutes before allotted slot and still had to wait 45 minutes to get the turkey. Does look good though. Rest of the shop looked like carnage so quite fun watching people go into meltdown when the item they wanted wasn't on the shop.

Irritation compounded by HID absolutely adamant that we then go out again this afternoon to Sainsbury's (bigger selection apparently) and stock up on the Christmas drinks. Now bearing that HID rarely drinks I'm worried that she's got four cans of pink gin and tonic (the ready mixed ones) and a rather nice and large bottle of rhubard and ginger gin to try. Add in a bottle of vodka apparently already there, the wine we got in, and the Prosecco and I think I've finally managed to drive her to drink. Sainsbury's was a total nightmare. Families queuing with two fully loaded trolleys of food and drink, rows in the aisles and more standing around going nowhere waiting to pay followed by fifteen minutes to get out the car park. Think I'm tucking into my booze stash early after all that. And giving that rhubarb and ginger gin a go

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site