Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
British gas or more accuratly homeserve

Parents house heating broke yest

They came out that day to fix a separate issue and fixed it then the boiler went in a diff way. It is 9 years old

They saying can't come until 27th?

I've told them to lie and say my daughter is staying there so they legally have to come

But shouldn't have to lie to get something fixed that you pay for surely?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

They came out that day to fix a separate issue and fixed it then the boiler went in a diff way. It is 9 years old

I've told them to lie and say my daughter is staying there so they legally have to come

Maybe they're busy fixing all the other heating systems that people have lied about to get priority so they can't get to your parents?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At this time of year people will face delays. Most companies will have less staff working. Rightly so, there will be priority appointments.

Any house without heating in winter is a piriotiy no?

Plus yes they have less staff but could subcontract if you pay for cover

So call Friday at 2pm to be told following Friday? In winter ... In their 60s

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A (female) friend of ours has been sleeping on our sofa for about 3 months now, because she had to move out of her other place and she can't go back home because her brother is a nasty character by all accounts - but that's not the irritation, in fact we'd more or less agreed she'll take over the spare room and move in properly when our other friend moves out next year. No, the irritation is that last night I was woken by the sound of her - very audibly - shagging some bloke in the lounge, on our sofa (presumably). I'll never be able to look at her in the same way, and the wife was absolutely fuming. Rightly so I think - a bit rude and disrespectful after our three months of generosity I think? Wife says she doesn't even want to sit on the sofa now, etc.

If she (the friend) had just waited until she'd moved in proper, have sex in her room, slightly awkward if we heard it but you just laugh it off, no problem. But no she has to drunkenly shag in the lounge and now my missus is going to have to say something. And she will know that we heard it, and honestly, she was pretty bloody vocal. Dear me. Me and the wife couldn't get back to sleep for hours because we didn't know what to do/say/think or how to approach it today. Initial move was that we both bailed this morning without waking her - but I'm sure words will be had.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add, this same friend has had a bit of an on-off thing going with one of my best mates lately, and I think he's quite keen on her, so I have the added dilemma of whether I should tell him or not. Which I could do without.

If you can't beat them, join them?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I’d imagine the list is would be, kids, oaps, the rest.
In winter obviously you’d wanted it sorted ASAP. I don’t know their hours over weekends. Realistically though, lodge a call 2pm and that’s Friday out the window. Limited staff at weekend, you then have Monday as a the last normal day as Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are blatantly limited hours of work/staff.

If it had happened the week before last I’d expect a quicker response. Can see the irritation of it all, and sympathise but can also see the merits of why it’s delayed. Blues comment is fair though. What if loads of 20 year olds had lied, that would put kids and oaps at risk.

Wolf

Visit site

Understand your frustration but there may still people even older that are in greater need or newborns that need heating. Plus its Christmas week so Friday to Friday isnt comparible, take out the weekend and the 2 bank Holidays for christmas and boxing day, so realistically they're only waiting 3 working days that's if you class Christmas eve as a full day.

Yes it's frustrating for your parents and understand wanting it sorted but quite simply there could be more urgent cases out there, and perhaps by lying you maybe stopping someone else in greater need from a visit.

My parents both in their 70s if it was them in this situation id merely get them to come stay with me till its resolved

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Understand your frustration but there may still people even older that are in greater need or newborns that need heating. Plus its Christmas week so Friday to Friday isnt comparible, take out the weekend and the 2 bank Holidays for christmas and boxing day, so realistically they're only waiting 3 working days that's if you class Christmas eve as a full day.

Yes it's frustrating for your parents and understand wanting it sorted but quite simply there could be more urgent cases out there, and perhaps by lying you maybe stopping someone else in greater need from a visit.

My parents both in their 70s if it was them in this situation id merely get them to come stay with me till its resolved

I offered to pay for s plumber . They can afford it but they would rather use the service they pay for

Sometimes best to just pay the extra. Can get a plumber anytime of day

Wolf

Visit site
I offered to pay for s plumber . They can afford it but they would rather use the service they pay for

Sometimes best to just pay the extra. Can get a plumber anytime of day
Then why the need to lie in the first place, if they want to wait and use the service its their choice, if your concerned that much your willing fo pay a plumber, then just call one out regardless problem and irritation solved ?‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then why the need to lie in the first place, if they want to wait and use the service its their choice, if your concerned that much your willing fo pay a plumber, then just call one out regardless problem and irritation solved ?‍♂️

Trying to get stubborn people to accept their kids helping

Maybe my irritation is them. Dad won't lie fair enough but won't look for a plumber.. simple Google finds one

D

Deleted member 1740

What's the issue that needs fixing?

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm getting better .. I could prob give a go but as I'm not gas Safe would that affect their cover if I touched it?

I'm a gas safe registered engineer and wouldnt give you advice that contravened any gas regs.