Random Irritations

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Solicitors. Meant to be moving into our new build tomorrow. The solicitors have failed to respond to 6 telephone calls and 3 emails since Monday. They haven’t even acknowledged we’ve transferred the funds. They have been poor throughout, not offering any information proactively. Feel like I’m chasing and pestering them all the time. Whilst I understand why one is needed, it feels like an extortionate amount to receive a shite service.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
took Rupert out on the bike at lunchtime, bad mistake, though the temp was well up there were still patches of ice about, one such next to the Rugby pitches, unfortunately spmeone discided to stop unexpectedly right in the middle of one sending me flying off the bike and landing on my bad knee. in agony and can not walk without a stick.... i have a feeling i might have done some real damage

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Solicitors. Meant to be moving into our new build tomorrow. The solicitors have failed to respond to 6 telephone calls and 3 emails since Monday. They haven’t even acknowledged we’ve transferred the funds. They have been poor throughout, not offering any information proactively. Feel like I’m chasing and pestering them all the time. Whilst I understand why one is needed, it feels like an extortionate amount to receive a shite service.

ask for a copy of their complaints procedure because your not happy.
In my experience they'll soon change their attitude

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Those that can’t drag themselves away from the bar in time for the start of the concert and then can’t find where they are supposed to be sitting. It seems to be the majority of the audience tonight.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
took Rupert out on the bike at lunchtime, bad mistake, though the temp was well up there were still patches of ice about, one such next to the Rugby pitches, unfortunately spmeone discided to stop unexpectedly right in the middle of one sending me flying off the bike and landing on my bad knee. in agony and can not walk without a stick.... i have a feeling i might have done some real damage

Ouch. I've never dared cycle with our two as I'm guaranteed to come a cropper. Barley did tear my medial ligament crashing into me chasing his ball.

Hope the knee is soft tissue damage and heals fast.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

thought I had it bad when Poppy kicked over my freshly poured glass of wine this evening!!

get it checked asap, talking from experience of not having done so!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
OUCH!!!!!! I feel your pain as I did very similar about a year ago.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Punctures. Esp in my CLS, and esp when I am not driving it. Mrs Mog is stranded on the M4. There is a spare, of a sort, but it will need the RAC to change it, and pump it up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully for the final time

Paint!

The job is complete woo my mate finished it off for me yest

7 tubs of unopened paint .. check receipt ...

3 days past the 45 day return window

Doh

Will go down later and just chance my luck see if they will accept .. don't ask don't get

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully for the final time

Paint!

The job is complete woo my mate finished it off for me yest

7 tubs of unopened paint .. check receipt ...

3 days past the 45 day return window

Doh

Will go down later and just chance my luck see if they will accept .. don't ask don't get

bit of luck.. credit note.. better than nothing.. £88 is not to be sniffed at

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ouch. I've never dared cycle with our two as I'm guaranteed to come a cropper. Barley did tear my medial ligament crashing into me chasing his ball.

Hope the knee is soft tissue damage and heals fast.
i use a canicross harness on him, trouble is if the stop suddenly you are still attached and on Ice you have no chance...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Punctures. Esp in my CLS, and esp when I am not driving it. Mrs Mog is stranded on the M4. There is a spare, of a sort, but it will need the RAC to change it, and pump it up.

She called the RAC at 9.15, and they turned up at 12.30. That is a long time to leave a woman standing in the rain on the hard shoulder of a motorway.

Now I need a new tyre. Before tomorrow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A (female) friend of ours has been sleeping on our sofa for about 3 months now, because she had to move out of her other place and she can't go back home because her brother is a nasty character by all accounts - but that's not the irritation, in fact we'd more or less agreed she'll take over the spare room and move in properly when our other friend moves out next year. No, the irritation is that last night I was woken by the sound of her - very audibly - shagging some bloke in the lounge, on our sofa (presumably). I'll never be able to look at her in the same way, and the wife was absolutely fuming. Rightly so I think - a bit rude and disrespectful after our three months of generosity I think? Wife says she doesn't even want to sit on the sofa now, etc.

If she (the friend) had just waited until she'd moved in proper, have sex in her room, slightly awkward if we heard it but you just laugh it off, no problem. But no she has to drunkenly shag in the lounge and now my missus is going to have to say something. And she will know that we heard it, and honestly, she was pretty bloody vocal. Dear me. Me and the wife couldn't get back to sleep for hours because we didn't know what to do/say/think or how to approach it today. Initial move was that we both bailed this morning without waking her - but I'm sure words will be had.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add, this same friend has had a bit of an on-off thing going with one of my best mates lately, and I think he's quite keen on her, so I have the added dilemma of whether I should tell him or not. Which I could do without.

Wolf

Visit site
A (female) friend of ours has been sleeping on our sofa for about 3 months now, because she had to move out of her other place and she can't go back home because her brother is a nasty character by all accounts - but that's not the irritation, in fact we'd more or less agreed she'll take over the spare room and move in properly when our other friend moves out next year. No, the irritation is that last night I was woken by the sound of her - very audibly - shagging some bloke in the lounge, on our sofa (presumably). I'll never be able to look at her in the same way, and the wife was absolutely fuming. Rightly so I think - a bit rude and disrespectful after our three months of generosity I think? Wife says she doesn't even want to sit on the sofa now, etc.

If she (the friend) had just waited until she'd moved in proper, have sex in her room, slightly awkward if we heard it but you just laugh it off, no problem. But no she has to drunkenly shag in the lounge and now my missus is going to have to say something. And she will know that we heard it, and honestly, she was pretty bloody vocal. Dear me. Me and the wife couldn't get back to sleep for hours because we didn't know what to do/say/think or how to approach it today. Initial move was that we both bailed this morning without waking her - but I'm sure words will be had.
Is your irritation at her shagging someone or that you weren't in hand with popcorn ??

Last edited: