Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sky Q is great, the router's sky supply is the junk. I have installed my own which was a PITA having to rip the MAC address of the sky router and spoof it onto the new one etc, but so much better.

If you chose to hard wire them, you will then need to go into the SKY boxes and disable the wifi, this will speed up your general wifi no end!

Not seeing issues with my Sky Q router. Or maybe I do - when using Youtube there is a short delay (couple of seconds) in the audio loading after the video has loaded.

But what sort of ting should I be aware of as issues...?

BTW - I don't undertand a word of your post other than this

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The two ball behind us who refused to come through despite being invited :confused: They stayed behind us all the way round, having caught us on the 3rd, making it look like we were holding them up :(

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Speak to StuC and Liverbirdie. My cousin has followed Liverpool across Europe for years, as these two do, and no one does creative like Liverpool fans. They will tell you the cute ways to go to that avoid the high air fares. Fly nearby, get a train etc. I'm sure they will have a few options for a simple trip like Barcelona.

Your point is entirely valid by the way, very irritating.

Managed to get a flight to Barcelona for £200...the catch, it's from 2.5hrs away in Leeds.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Still Sky Q. I come home, the app can't see the box. I am on 4g on my phone. Zip, no box. I was on wifi at work, no box. I turn wifi on on my phone, same network as box, it is fine. I have not touched the sky box.
So sky Q only works when I am at home. As previously stated, it is utter junk.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still Sky Q. I come home, the app can't see the box. I am on 4g on my phone. Zip, no box. I was on wifi at work, no box. I turn wifi on on my phone, same network as box, it is fine. I have not touched the sky box.
So sky Q only works when I am at home. As previously stated, it is utter junk.

I may have misunderstood, but what you describe is normal Sky Q behaviour. You have to be on the same WiFi network to watch streamed content from the Sky Q box. You can download content from your box to your phone and then watch remotely later (not all content can be downloaded to device though - contract rights). If you want to watch live content over 4G, then (the old) Sky Q app is not the answer, it is the new Sky Go app (it recently merged the old Sky Go and Sky Q app functionalities).

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Golf shops and head covers.
Why is it they seem to find it so hard to keep track of them? You receive x clubs and x headcovers.

Maybe there is a big head cover mountain somewhere ?‍♂️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rain radar saying its all gone through so you take the dog out for the stroll, half a mile from home and the skies open. One wet and unhappy little Poppy dog lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Tight turn into our road off the main road. Cars of households on main road parked too close to end of our road and refuse collectors can't get into road - neither sometimes larger delivery tricks. I was putting cones out at bottom of road night before refuse collections - to keep clear. And that worked. Now the council has gone and painted double yellow lines 12yds up and on both sides of our road at junction - clearly to keep it clear. But of course the 4-5 cars of houses on main road that parked there most evenings now park further up the road making our parking harder - and last three nights I've not been able to park outside our house. Ah well...

Solve one issue create another.