Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The utter twonk on a motorbike who passed a load of us doing 20mph whilst he was doing at least 30mph IN THE CYCLE LANE!!!
At least his was a motorbike......I see them on their electric scooters doing that....dressed in black, no hat or any protection at all.:confused:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
they were great when they did Baldrick 2 years ago, no problems. Same people as then. not a good start when i rang to book and get her body collected from the vets. the woman i spoke to had a real attitude, like i was asking for a favour... some favour charged us £200 to bugger it up

It doesn't help an already tough situation for sure.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yea, my girlfriend’s diverticulitis looks like being something more serious and they’ve sat on their hands and not listened to our concerns now for over two months when we’ve highlighted certain things.
Very sorry to hear that and I hope it gets sorted soon. Just cleared my latest bout, but it took two courses of antibiotics. I don’t find it particularly painful, more uncomfortable, and if it is giving pain then it should be taken seriously. My GP was adamant that I go to see him as soon as anything flares up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A guy completely unfamiliar to shampoo, soap and in particular deodarant sitting on the train, boots on the seat opposite drinking from cans and leaving them on the floor to bowl about the carriage. Yes several people did approach him including a pretty hefty looking the chap and the idiot in question was quite willing to take on all comers by the look of it. Fortunately I was getting off next stop and saw discretion as the best form of valour although did mention it to the guard on the platform (not that I expect him to do anything)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've given up on the Apple MacBook Air after almost 2 years of use, and got out the HP Windows 10 i7. Having spent late afternoon and evening clearing it, and moving stuff around I have to admit there's some positives I didn't know. But on a day to day usage I still think people are suckered by the marketing hype.

The HP was bought a year earlier, and I appreciate its an i7 'v' an i5 processor. Its also and ali case, as is the Apple, and a SSD 256gb too. It maybe Apple 'v' oranges, pun intended, but apart from a better battery life in the Apple the HP is way better, especially the graphics.

Advertised on FB Marketplace at 4pm at a very decent, expensive, price and had 5 buyers by 6pm. 2 made low offers but the other 3 offered the asking price.

Just wish I hadn't wasted the money on the original purchase.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Painting again

And MDF!!!!!

Wardrobes made by the builder out of MDF I got some 2 part wood filler (stinks) and filled the sides of the MDF

Primed the entire thing inside and out .. daughter's room primed the outside

Just takes forever

Feels like I'm miles behind because of priming

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Granddaughters Type 1 diabetes which is all over the place. She's had to be picked up from school again today. She was diagnosed not long before her 7th birthday in March and at first all was going ok. Now its not. Team at the hospital are really good but it's such a worry.

Wolf

Visit site
Christmas cards.. I must sound like a right Grinch but we've had 27 Christmas cards arrive this week alone. I understand the sentiment etc but if i had my way id ban them altogether along with valentines cards etc. We're in an age where we ban single use plastic and rightly so because of the impact on the environment and I'd gladly forgo all greetings card that arent made from 100% recyclable products.

D

Deleted member 16999

Christmas cards.. I must sound like a right Grinch but we've had 27 Christmas cards arrive this week alone. I understand the sentiment etc but if i had my way id ban them altogether along with valentines cards etc. We're in an age where we ban single use plastic and rightly so because of the impact on the environment and I'd gladly forgo all greetings card that arent made from 100% recyclable products.
We took the decision a few years back to inform our friends etc asking them not to be offended that the following year we’d be no longer sending Christmas Cards and would be donating the money to a charity instead (this year it is a local hospice).
Still receive some of others, but most agreed it was a good idea and took it in good faith.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Granddaughters Type 1 diabetes which is all over the place. She's had to be picked up from school again today. She was diagnosed not long before her 7th birthday in March and at first all was going ok. Now its not. Team at the hospital are really good but it's such a worry.

Poor little poppet. Must be very worrying but hopefully they can get things settled again.

Wolf

Visit site
We took the decision a few years back to inform our friends etc asking them not to be offended that the following year we’d be no longer sending Christmas Cards and would be donating the money to a charity instead (this year it is a local hospice).
Still receive some of others, but most agreed it was a good idea and took it in good faith.
Thats exactly what ive suggested to Mrs Wolf we should do. She's going to message everyone with our intentions as I'd rather not see the wastage it causes and put the money to a more beneficial use.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Finding out via Facebook that the daughter of one of Mrs. BiM's cousins has died aged just 29 and leaves behind a young daughter. No age and totally unexpected in an apparently extremely fit young lady. :(:mad:

D

Deleted member 16999

Finding out via Facebook that the daughter of one of Mrs. BiM's cousins has died aged just 29 and leaves behind a young daughter. No age and totally unexpected in an apparently extremely fit young lady. :(:mad:
Sorry to hear that mate, condolences to Jackie and her family.
Awful way to find out.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate, condolences to Jackie and her family.
Awful way to find out.

Thanks Paul. Much as it is an irritating way to find out, the far greater irritation is that she has been taken far too soon and should be pretty fit (England rugby league international) so no obvious reason at this stage. And of course it ain't going to be much of a Christmas for her daughter.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Thanks Paul. Much as it is an irritating way to find out, the far greater irritation is that she has been taken far too soon and should be pretty fit (England rugby league international) so no obvious reason at this stage. And of course it ain't going to be much of a Christmas for her daughter.

That’s awful mate.
Why does this sort of thing always seems worse at Xmas