Random Irritations

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi all,looking for some advice here...not been going well for me the last few days,has it?GM pages going missing accompanied by strobe like effectspissing down outside (and now GM and 1 other site asking for me to give away my details throough accepting their use of cookies etc.
So question is which should I choose if I want to keep it pretty private,do I switch to On or Off??Thanks(again)!
Jimbo
Off, I think.
They prompt me to reset these about once a week. It's a pain, but I guess they hope to wear you down until you acquiesce.,.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
PendoDave..thanks for the reply.I've now had to message GM asking them to send the whole dam thing back to me allowing me check if I've clicked the OFF or the ON button.Will now make sure that the OFF option is clicked and then press ACCEPT.
Jimbo

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
While you fill out those forms, I hope you give some thought to the pressures these doctors and nurses are under due to long hours and staff shortages. And maybe be thankfull we don't have the American style pay as you go healthcare system.

I see this first hand every day even on my unit especially if a doctor or a couple of nurses are off sick. However that in my opinion is a different ball game completely to someone not doing their job efficiently. Yes there are reasons why results can be delayed, but to ignore patient (or relative's concerns) and delaying treatment shouldn't happen and if they do then the reasons should be fully explained

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I see this first hand every day even on my unit especially if a doctor or a couple of nurses are off sick. However that in my opinion is a different ball game completely to someone not doing their job efficiently. Yes there are reasons why results can be delayed, but to ignore patient (or relative's concerns) and delaying treatment shouldn't happen and if they do then the reasons should be fully explained

Just to give some context in my case - we waited way beyond the four hours in A&E multiple times. I won’t be complaining about that.

We had to go and see two different out of hours GPs because we couldn’t get her in to see her own - and this caused a disconnect in her continuity of care in my opinion, but I won’t be complaining about that per se except to mention I believe it didn’t help us getting the care she needed as quickly.

The NHS is our finest commodity but when those charged with our care are negligent to this level it goes beyond what I can accept.

I spent a short time working to coordinate clinical services and I had to deal with many complaints that were upheld and few had the range of inadequacies that we have seen for my girlfriend.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just to give some context in my case - we waited way beyond the four hours in A&E multiple times. I won’t be complaining about that.

We had to go and see two different out of hours GPs because we couldn’t get her in to see her own - and this caused a disconnect in her continuity of care in my opinion, but I won’t be complaining about that per se except to mention I believe it didn’t help us getting the care she needed as quickly.

The NHS is our finest commodity but when those charged with our care are negligent to this level it goes beyond what I can accept.

I spent a short time working to coordinate clinical services and I had to deal with many complaints that were upheld and few had the range of inadequacies that we have seen for my girlfriend.

I agree totally with your statement about it being our finest commodity. For so many, it works so well, so often but sadly there are times when it the service and the level of care falls short. If people don't flag this and complain and highlight the issues how can things change and improve. Hope you get it sorted and the other half gets treated and sorted properly asap

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree totally with your statement about it being our finest commodity. For so many, it works so well, so often but sadly there are times when it the service and the level of care falls short. If people don't flag this and complain and highlight the issues how can things change and improve. Hope you get it sorted and the other half gets treated and sorted properly asap
Thanks, Homer. Appreciated.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Like many others I have seen both sides. My mum has had fabulous treatment via Christie's in Manchester but a friend of my wifes has been caught in the mesh scandal and her treatment has been a disgrace. In an organisation that size it is perhaps inevitable that high standards are not maintained throughout. Overall however I think we are all agreed that it is a force for good and we want it to continue.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The much acclaimed early opening of part of the new A14 bypass (Huntingdon to Cambridge). Traffic chaos everywhere else EXCEPT travelling towards Cambridge. Can't quite say from Huntingdon as roads around the town are gridlocked. The new road opened at 5am and the part of the old closed at the same time. Traffic that used to enter a major roundabout to continue on the A14 no longer does as the road is closed...BUT...the traffic lights remain switched on and the rest of the traffic is queueing for miles.

Great work Highways England.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
While you fill out those forms, I hope you give some thought to the pressures these doctors and nurses are under due to long hours and staff shortages. And maybe be thankfull we don't have the American style pay as you go healthcare system.

I'm sure we all do, however there is a duty of care and if that is failing because of neglect or similar, then it must be flagged to future correct. Not filing is not the right answer and won't correct the wrongs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
went to collect Kayleighs ashes today, we had asked them to keep some aside as the wife was going to get them added to a locket.

They had forgotten to do that and spelt her name wrong on the plaque despite the wife double checking it with them and them having the right spelling on the invoice:censored:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
went to collect Kayleighs ashes today, we had asked them to keep some aside as the wife was going to get them added to a locket.

They had forgotten to do that and spelt her name wrong on the plaque despite the wife double checking it with them and them having the right spelling on the invoice:censored:

That is so bad :cry: When we lost Max our vets were amazing and to our surprise (and many more tears) they sent a condolence card with his pawprint inside.

We have his ashes in the lounge still and I like to think he's with us. I also used some of his hairs (he moulted a lot!) to stuff a yellow lab felt sewing set...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That is so bad :cry: When we lost Max our vets were amazing and to our surprise (and many more tears) they sent a condolence card with his pawprint inside.

We have his ashes in the lounge still and I like to think he's with us. I also used some of his hairs (he moulted a lot!) to stuff a yellow lab felt sewing set...
they were great when they did Baldrick 2 years ago, no problems. Same people as then. not a good start when i rang to book and get her body collected from the vets. the woman i spoke to had a real attitude, like i was asking for a favour... some favour charged us £200 to bugger it up

Wolf

Visit site
Christmas decorations.. Specifically putting them up, I enjoy seeing them up and illuminating the house but I absolutely depsise the process of putting them up.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Christmas decorations.. Specifically putting them up, I enjoy seeing them uo and illuminating the house but I absolutely depsise the process of putting them up.

I agree. We used to do 3 6ft trees. 3. It took about 5 hours to do them. Look pretty, make a mess, and take ages to take down too.

I think we are only doing 1 this year.

Wolf

Visit site
I agree. We used to do 3 6ft trees. 3. It took about 5 hours to do them. Look pretty, make a mess, and take ages to take down too.

I think we are only doing 1 this year.
We've done our front room one which is 7ft, and done another 5ft one for our landing. Then theres the lights and all other manner of decoration put out. It looks good when all done but the fact ots taken nearly 4 hrs to do made my house look like a war zone and the frustration of everything being tangled before putting it up despite being put away neatly i hate it.. Next year im getting them out the loft and going to the pub until Mrs Wolf has finished it and thats under her order's to stop me swearing so much ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The utter twonk on a motorbike who passed a load of us doing 20mph whilst he was doing at least 30mph IN THE CYCLE LANE!!!