Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats exactly what ive suggested to Mrs Wolf we should do. She's going to message everyone with our intentions as I'd rather not see the wastage it causes and put the money to a more beneficial use.

I stopped doing cards when it pretty much became compulsory to send one to everyone you have ever met as if you give a card to one person and not to another then you never hear the end of it. Ended up writing cards to people at work who I could not stand. Now I send exactly 3 cards, one for my wife, one for my mum and one for my brother and that is it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Christmas cards.. I must sound like a right Grinch but we've had 27 Christmas cards arrive this week alone. I understand the sentiment etc but if i had my way id ban them altogether along with valentines cards etc. We're in an age where we ban single use plastic and rightly so because of the impact on the environment and I'd gladly forgo all greetings card that arent made from 100% recyclable products.

Thankfully greeting cards for any/all occasions are not really a thing here. Bit of a pain when looking for a b/day, anniversary card for my wife and only 2 to choose from but other than that I don't miss having several greeting card shops in the local shopping centre

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
News presenters supposedly interviewing politicians and allowing them to ignore the pertinent questions and just turn it into a glorified party political broadcast. I'd like to say thank goodness it will all be over come Friday but it could just be the start of more.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lost my wedding ring last night at swimming, so annoyed with myself, i normally take it off and clip it on to my car keys, but was in a rush and just dropped in my bag, then forgot, then got dressed and obviously dropped it out. No news from the sports centre yet on locating it....

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lost my wedding ring last night at swimming, so annoyed with myself, i normally take it off and clip it on to my car keys, but was in a rush and just dropped in my bag, then forgot, then got dressed and obviously dropped it out. No news from the sports centre yet on locating it....

Oh no. Have you properly checked your bag and car? I was sure I'd lost my rings at the golf range but found them down the side of my car seat. Panic...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Oh no. Have you properly checked your bag and car? I was sure I'd lost my rings at the golf range but found them down the side of my car seat. Panic...
lost mine diving into the sea of a boat on Honeymoon... i was a lot slimmer then, now to get it off i think bolt cutters may be needed:LOL:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yeh have looked everywhere, i remember taking it off and stuffing it in my kit bag. The sports centre has been on and they haven't found i yet... not looking good!

Wolf

Visit site
People that write posts, only then to edit them and change them completely after they've been quoted which changes complete context of the thread and how they get viewed ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having received an important voicemail on my phone, I went to repeat it so that I could write down a phone number, only to hear "message deleted".
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Apparently, according to Vodafone, there's no way of retrieving it once it's been deleted.
Surely that's not right.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeh have looked everywhere, i remember taking it off and stuffing it in my kit bag. The sports centre has been on and they haven't found i yet... not looking good!
I feel so sorry for you. I take my ring off to play golf and it goes in my locker every time. I feel naked waling round (but find it uncomfy to play in). Several times I know I've put it in and then panic when I can't find it when the stuff I've put back in has moved it. I would be desolate if I lost it totally and hope somehow it turns up