Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Christmasified music; not the usual Christmas songs, but ordinary songs given the Christmas treatment.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to do this to Fleetwood Mac's Albatross needs shooting. :mad:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having received an important voicemail on my phone, I went to repeat it so that I could write down a phone number, only to hear "message deleted".
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Apparently, according to Vodafone, there's no way of retrieving it once it's been deleted.
Surely that's not right.
The Russians or Chinese will have a record of it somewhere. Email their embassy's? ?

I'd be amazed if it was totally lost but trying to retrieve it through a giant system that doesn't want to play ball is nigh on impossible. Would the number that rang not be on your call log? Could you retrace back that way?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Russians or Chinese will have a record of it somewhere. Email their embassy's? ?

I'd be amazed if it was totally lost but trying to retrieve it through a giant system that doesn't want to play ball is nigh on impossible. Would the number that rang not be on your call log? Could you retrace back that way?

Good shout, but no.
I guess he called when I was in an area with no signal and he went straight to my voicemail.
I can't even find an app that might help. :(

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I feel so sorry for you. I take my ring off to play golf and it goes in my locker every time. I feel naked waling round (but find it uncomfy to play in). Several times I know I've put it in and then panic when I can't find it when the stuff I've put back in has moved it. I would be desolate if I lost it totally and hope somehow it turns up

Playing with a ring on is 'uncomfy' but waking round the course feeling naked is not! ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Well that pales mine into insignificance! :whistle:

Headlights that are too close to indicators.
Modern headlights are now much brighter than when I started driving and some indicators are located right next to them so that it's very difficult to see if a car coming towards you has an indicator on or not on some models.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walked around to the polling station, in the pouring rain, only to find it had been moved to another location... Great ?...

Plus my arthritis has kicked in BIG TIME... Not a happy bunny today...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Modern headlights are now much brighter than when I started driving and some indicators are located right next to them so that it's very difficult to see if a car coming towards you has an indicator on or not on some models.

I will add to that with rear indicators that are now far too much style over substance and not always easy to see.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Some research was done a few years ago...they found that indicators on outside of the headlights are much more visible than those nearer the middle of the car...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does it matter where the indicators on a car are if they are never used? Yes that is a BMW reference.

Actually I did see a BMW use its indicators the other day - they were on to show they were parked at a bus stop whilst someone went in to do their shopping.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not really an irritation...

was along the canal with Rupert and had a look at the drained bit where they are building the new swing bridge on... i don't think I've ever seen so many rusty old bikes... not only that one of the engineers told me "thats Nothing you should see how many golf balls are in there" its right nect to the old 2nd at Torvean:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: