Random Irritations

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
End of summer. Less tomato plants ripening. Had to buy some supermarket ones today - they literally taste of nothing much in comparison to home grown ones.

Actually could have ended the irritation after the first three words. Rained on my bike ride. Roads filthy from farm traffic. Had to wash my bike.

Boo!
Try some British ones. We've been eating various on the vine from Aldi and they've been very like homegrown.

NearHull

Visit site
Tomatoes. Got to be Piccolo. They are very tasty, generally only available commercially and not available to grow from seeds - though we did manage to grow some from a bought tomato. I have a friend who was the Head Tomato Buyer ( yes, it is a real job) for one of the major supermarkets, he wouldn’t eat any other variety at home.
( He must have been good at his job as he was head hunted by an Australian company and he emigrated out there).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tomatoes. Got to be Piccolo. They are very tasty, generally only available commercially and not available to grow from seeds - though we did manage to grow some from a bought tomato. I have a friend who was the Head Tomato Buyer ( yes, it is a real job) for one of the major supermarkets, he wouldn’t eat any other variety at home.
( He must have been good at his job as he was head hunted by an Australian company and he emigrated out there).
No idea what HID grows but she has had them from seed each year since 2021 and just saves some each year and then are coming back hardier and heavier cropping year on year. I'll find out but I know not piccolo

Mandofred

Visit site
Heathen!

Corned beef & beetroot sandwiches, especially with Worcester Sauce flavoured crisps.
Cauliflower cheese.
Carrot & turnip mash.

Food of the gods
While all of those choices would be a good excuse to start losing weight.....I have my own dietary handicaps. I guzzle diet Coke etc by the bucket full, I might as well just upend Tobasco into my mouth with how much I use it, just finished off 3 of the very large bags of gummy bears that I got at the York Designer Outlet, .....well.....an example of good nutrition I am not. Now I am back on a mild statin and I am trying to talk myself into giving up the fatty crappy foods I eat too much of. Cheese, melted or otherwise. Beer (but not tonight...I have 4 cans in the fridge that must be used before they go off). Crisps/Doritoes/Pringles....out the door. Frozen pizza. etc.....Maybe I should just get a really big statin :unsure:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just dropped the golf WhatsApp groups. There is some pretty clique stuff and general bitchy stuff.. best to be ignorant of all the silliness. Which is a shame that some people take it to this level
I did the same with a group I was on previously - there was a lot of utter rubbish on there but when casual racism reared up, left the group & the club. Didn't need those kind of people in my life