440.1 KB · Views: 10
  • cef11730-40ba-4a4a-8a45-cbaafffbf6b0.jpeg
    cef11730-40ba-4a4a-8a45-cbaafffbf6b0.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 9

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Rain.
At 8.30am today I spoke to our competitors Captain (Seniors/Vets) about our vist to them at 11am. (Their course got closed for several hours yesterday.)
He said "I'm here with the Greens staff and the course is ok so we'll go ahead, especially as its the last fixture. But, to be sure I'll call you back at 9."
It was just fine drizzle here so I messaged the team to stand by their phones.
9am he rang. I said "What's that row in the background?"
He said "Players running off the course. The game's off and its coming your way!"
20 mins later Kaboom!
Battering down!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When it comes to rain many years ago I had phew moment. I realised we had not checked before buying our house, Nearby road is called Water Street, then found out a new drainage scheme went in.

Last year there was a week when you could only get in and out of the village if you had a very high off the ground vehicle (made the national news). That was the first time though it happened in the 40 years we have lived here, there is normally one road, out of four, that is high enough above the water plain to get out.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When I was in Sicily in June the talk was some parts could be like the Sahara in a few years such is the rarity of rainfall there.

At the start of the year the reservoirs here in southeast Spain had 13% of capacity. Thankfully, there’s been a bit more rain this summer + water restrictions. Currently up to 21%.

We live about 20 miles from Europe’s only desert, deserto Tabernas.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ah, the old "opinion v fact" thing :ROFLMAO:

you may think it is pleasant, but if it is a red wine, I can almost guarantee I would not agree but that is my opinion and should not be mistaken for a fact.
I didn't state a fact, nor did I make any sweeping statements about all home made wine being rubbish. I leave that to others who are just looking for an argument.
I gave my opinion on the WHITE wine I make (Riesling) as being lovely.
As personal taste is just that...personal, I object being told that my wine is rubbish.

This forum has turned out to have more than its fair share of argumentative people who just love arguing
Getting sick and tired of it.

Red devil

Visit site
At the start of the year the reservoirs here in southeast Spain had 13% of capacity. Thankfully, there’s been a bit more rain this summer + water restrictions. Currently up to 21%.

We live about 20 miles from Europe’s only desert, deserto Tabernas.
The lack of rainfall in Southern Europe is getting to be very concerning.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 weeks in very sunny Portugal. On the day we flew out a "cold" started. Felt a bit low and tired for the entire 12 days. Drank sugar free energy drinks when body demanded it and plenty of water and wine (to fight the bugs you see). Been home a few days. Still a bit up and down. Played golf twice over the weekend, sniffle snuffle cough cough etc etc. Today? I'm shattered. I've spent the day on the sofa being looked after. I'm wrapped up in a blanket, still coughing, full of catarrh it just will not go. Seniors match on Thursday. I'm not sure I'll be fit. What the hell is this?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 weeks in very sunny Portugal. On the day we flew out a "cold" started. Felt a bit low and tired for the entire 12 days. Drank sugar free energy drinks when body demanded it and plenty of water and wine (to fight the bugs you see). Been home a few days. Still a bit up and down. Played golf twice over the weekend, sniffle snuffle cough cough etc etc. Today? I'm shattered. I've spent the day on the sofa being looked after. I'm wrapped up in a blanket, still coughing, full of catarrh it just will not go. Seniors match on Thursday. I'm not sure I'll be fit. What the hell is this?
The latest strain of covid?
Have you done a test?

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
I didn't state a fact, nor did I make any sweeping statements about all home made wine being rubbish. I leave that to others who are just looking for an argument.
As personal taste is just that...personal, I object being told that my wine is rubbish.

This forum has turned out to have more than its fair share of argumentative people who just love arguing
Bobmac, I sincerely hope you havent pigeonholed me as "argumentative" from what I regarded as a gentle humorous "tease". I certainly haven't decried your home made wine as "rubbish". How could I?
Chill bro', just like your very pleasant Riesling (Im sure).
😉

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, that's what I'm thinking. I've no tests. But there's a few people that have it I'm told.
Both my wife and I had it, but we both tested negative. Friends have had/got it, and they are testing positive. I suspect its which test kit you have that determines how accurate the results are. One thing we all found, it really wipes you out for ages after.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I apologise if I came over argumentative, was just pointing out, along with the theme of the thread, that many people think their home made produce is amazing and sometimes it is so far off the mark but still give it out to others and expect them to love it and praise it.
Sorry again for the misunderstanding