Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The engine warning light coming on as soon as I started the car this morning:mad:

My advice would be to invest in an OBD2 scanner tool like Carly Connected Car or similar (usually about £50ish) so you can code read yourself when that happens.

Saved me a lot of time and effort with my old car, not had any issues with this one (jinxed it now) but being able to see if it’s serious or not upfront has been a great help.

Sometimes the EML is triggered just because it’s cold and it slightly misfired on a single bank. Which is not really much of an issue as the next time it stops it should realign itself. But it still gets the anxiety up if you don’t know what it is.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kay Burley
I find her( one of)the most irritating people (person)on TV. We have been abroad for 10 days and not listened to Sky News. I turned it on @9 a.m. this morning and lasted 2 minutes.

She is always looking at the worst situation, trying to find fault, argumentative. Upon reflection she may go down well on a Golf Forum!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I find her( one of)the most irritating people (person)on TV. We have been abroad for 10 days and not listened to Sky News. I turned it on @9 a.m. this morning and lasted 2 minutes.

She is always looking at the worst situation, trying to find fault, argumentative. Upon reflection she may go down well on a Golf Forum!

She's done well in her role for years but I think she's starting to try and create arguments for the sake of it (like here). She's 61 so without trying to open an ageism or sexism debate has done really well to still be anchoring a key programme. Not a fan of Sky News anyway as they seem to be looking at times to find the most sensationalist way of presenting any story

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody bin men have smashed our recycling bin in on one side so I'll have to get a new one sent out now. :mad:
Further to this - been on the council website to ask for a replacement (via a form). Will take 6-8 weeks. We'd better get the duct tape out then I guess.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The engine warning light coming on as soon as I started the car this morning:mad:
If it's the orange/yellow "Engine Management" symbol then probably not a lot to worry about. Mine has been on and off for a few months now. Came on again yesterday. Had it checked first time it happened (that's £50 ta very much) and it's a fuel pressure sensor. Checked that and nothing wrong with the fuel system.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When people who are late with their birthday wishes on social media wish the recipient a “Happy belated birthday.”

No, no, and again no. It’s not their birthday which is late, you clown. It’s your acknowledgement of it.

Petty, I know, but it really grinds my gears.
People putting happy birthday messages on social media full stop. Buy a card or send them a personal message if it's a good friend or a family member.
Even worse when it's people putting them on for their kids - they are only 1, THEY CAN'T READ YET!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People putting happy birthday messages on social media full stop. Buy a card or send them a personal message if it's a good friend or a family member.
Even worse when it's people putting them on for their kids - they are only 1, THEY CAN'T READ YET!!
In fairness, I would have no idea when any of my friends' birthdays were if Facebook didn't tell me. The only birthdays I can remember are my wife, my mum and dad, and my own, sadly.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In fairness, I would have no idea when any of my friends' birthdays were if Facebook didn't tell me. The only birthdays I can remember are my wife, my mum and dad, and my own, sadly.

I know, if only someone would invent some sort of small book of pages with dates on that you could record important dates in :eek::eek::D:D:D (and, yes, I have the same problem as you and have bough severl diaries with the intention of writing down birthdays etc but never do).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know, if only someone would invent some sort of small book of pages with dates on that you could record important dates in :eek::eek::D:D:D (and, yes, I have the same problem as you and have bough severl diaries with the intention of writing down birthdays etc but never do).
Get Google calendar on your phone. So simple, link it with other members of your family, if you want to of course. At hand most of the time and for birthdays you can set them up to repeat each year. For our family one, once in the calendar that is it, that date can not be dislodged :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A book?? I think you mean the calendar on one's phone. But I'm still not going to add all my friends' birthdays to it, there's no point when Facebook tells me anyway. :LOL: