Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I the only one (and I am not generally a conspiracy theorist) who sees the coincidence that he contracted covid (for a second time) with almost perfect timing to allow any quarentine period to pass and still apply for a visa for Australia using the exemption that he could not be vacccinated as he had recently had covid, an expemption that he would not have been entitled to if he had not contracted it a couple of weeks earlier. Oh, and he appears to have gone ahead wiht his usual press and PR Commitments whilst he had covid.

And then the family end the press conference the second people ask about him attending events after being diagnosed with covid. Something just not sounding right about this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People at the gym who just sit on the equipment texting (or whatever) on their phone. Expecially when I want to use it. Either use the damn thing or go & do your texting sonewhere else ...
Are you sure they're not just doing that during the rest time in between reps? I would sometimes do that rather than stare into space like a crazy person.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
As I posted earlier, they don't! But they can certainly influence Government to change laws! The change to/scrapping of the Poll Tax was certainly not initiated by the government! Judiciary action (better described as Court action imo) simply highlights errors/loopholes/inconsistencies that have to be resolved by Government.

Yes, what you have said is what should happen. However, I disagree that that is what happens?.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
People at the gym who just sit on the equipment texting (or whatever) on their phone. Expecially when I want to use it. Either use the damn thing or go & do your texting sonewhere else ...
Ah! The oh so polite Brits!
Wouldn't happen in USA! They'd be told in no uncertain terms 'Hey! Use it or lose it'! Aussies and Kiwis are somewhere in between.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you sure they're not just doing that during the rest time in between reps? I would sometimes do that rather than stare into space like a crazy person.
That was my thought, resting between reps.
The thing to do is to ask them how many reps they have left - that usually gets them moving and off within a couple of minutes max.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Novak Djokovic's family.
How arrogant?
He has not done himself any favours. Still feel the press are looking in the wrong direction. Rather than looking at the events he went to with covid, I would be looking at whether the positive test was real. Cynical I know but still cannot get over him catching it to time perfectly with being able to claim the vaccine exemption.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He has not done himself any favours. Still feel the press are looking in the wrong direction. Rather than looking at the events he went to with covid, I would be looking at whether the positive test was real. Cynical I know but still cannot get over him catching it to time perfectly with being able to claim the vaccine exemption.
I think you're 100% right. He's either a liar or a scumbag either way.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
That was my thought, resting between reps.
The thing to do is to ask them how many reps they have left - that usually gets them moving and off within a couple of minutes max.
Nope, definitely not doing reps. I started and finished all my reps on machine A, he was sat on machine B, doing nothing but texting for the full duration and more.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Spending £400 on an Apple Watch and when it arrives, realising you have to spend a bit more to get a plug for the charger :mad:
I knew it needed a plug but assumed it was a normal USB connector and have loads of those plugs lying around. Apple. in their wisdom, have fitted the cable with a USB-C connector so new plug ordered and will need to wait until tomorrow to have a play with my new watch.

I’m irritated I didn’t ask you what model you went with and that you’d need a new plug in your thread. It did go through my my head at the time!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I know people get irritated though I’ve never seen it myself that cyclists go through red lights.
What irritates me is that at a red light they don’t get off and walk on the pavement with their bike and skip the light altogether. It’s like standing there as pedestrian. Just no need!

4LEX

Visit site
Novak Djokovic's family.
How arrogant?

They were disgraceful. They're just pea brained simpletons with more money and loyalty than sense though. In simple terms; he either had Covid and has a genuine reason for medical exception. And if that's the case then why was he out and about in public a day after without a mask. Ignoring accepted international rules is huge risk for any country welcoming him in. Or he didn't have Covid and it was a state endorsed scam to get him into Australia, which seems far more likely.

Australia should kick him out.

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Spending £400 on an Apple Watch and when it arrives, realising you have to spend a bit more to get a plug for the charger :mad:
I knew it needed a plug but assumed it was a normal USB connector and have loads of those plugs lying around. Apple. in their wisdom, have fitted the cable with a USB-C connector so new plug ordered and will need to wait until tomorrow to have a play with my new watch.
Buy some us chips to USB adapters. They are a few £ on Amazon. You can still use the old plugs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Mrs' procedure at SMH has been moved to Friday as her surgeon has covid.....
Cue mass moving around of my work so I can get her there and back.
The good news, however, is that they only need her to isolate and not the rest of us as we were led to believe...
So working the work around golf again.....
Phew..I need a week off already....