Random Irritations

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would you move down south if you work from home?
You sell your tiny house down south for £500k, move somewhere else and buy a very nice house for the same money, there is no surplus.

Assuming the WfH as a concept continues, family and other personal factors don't change over the long term.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got eyes,I see it regularly ??
My wife works in Benefits and she regularly sees bank statements with loads of entries for betting sites, coffee shops, takeaways, deliveries, etc when they are trying to claim extra money as they have run out of money before their next payment is due. Maybe we should be giving budgeting and cooking lessons to all those who are struggling.
As they say, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My wife works in Benefits and she regularly sees bank statements with loads of entries for betting sites, coffee shops, takeaways, deliveries, etc when they are trying to claim extra money as they have run out of money before their next payment is due. Maybe we should be giving budgeting and cooking lessons to all those who are struggling.
As they say, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.

give it time, benefits will be paid in a digital currency and where and on what it can be spent will be limited by the powers that be ;) WATTBA

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At least you don't have to pay extra to drive around it. :whistle:
How much is the congestion charges these days?

Bob whilst I agree with the point your making "London" isn't covered just by the congestion charge

I live in the London borough of Havering I paid £300k 7 years ago for my 3 bed

I work in London borough of Haringey

I drive the 22 miles

Not once do I come close to the congestion charge even though I travel through 5/6 boroughs of London

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Country’s full of them mate.
No intention of ever getting a job & want their backsides wiping by the government

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Randomness of people's tee booking habits (like parking next to a car in a empty car park)

3 groups out between 9-11

Us at 10:02 (booked it 2 weeks ago) now we have 09:54 and 10:10

Nothing before or after all free ..

So random

Mind you, it depends how it's booked, maybe. When I book by telephoning the Pro I ask something like. "Looking for a time in the afternoon?"
He then gives me a time. No mention of whether there are others adjacent etc.
It might have happened that way, or similar ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob whilst I agree with the point your making "London" isn't covered just by the congestion charge

I live in the London borough of Havering I paid £300k 7 years ago for my 3 bed

I work in London borough of Haringey

I drive the 22 miles

Not once do I come close to the congestion charge even though I travel through 5/6 boroughs of London

The 3 bed semi across the road from me just sold last week for £150,000.

The point I'm making is if you don't have to live and work in London to earn London wages.
So if you could work from home, your £500,000 could buy a gorgeous home somewhere less expensive

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The point I'm making is if you don't have to live and work in London to earn London wages.
So if you could work from home, your £500,000 could buy a gorgeous home somewhere less expensive

Don't you think house prices in these " beautiful" places would just sky rocket will all the demand?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mind you, it depends how it's booked, maybe. When I book by telephoning the Pro I ask something like. "Looking for a time in the afternoon?"
He then gives me a time. No mention of whether there are others adjacent etc.
It might have happened that way, or similar ?

All all book on our phones using elite life you can see the entire day

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't you think house prices in these " beautiful" places would just sky rocket will all the demand?
It might do so don't tell everyone
Will you two be quiet ?. Yes, it's even affecting us up here. There are two stops on the East Coast Mainline in Northumberland and that means we are also seeing an impact on prices. We aren't as cheap as Lincolnshire but it's still great value compared to London and it's traditional commuter belt.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will you two be quiet ?. Yes, it's even affecting us up here. There are two stops on the East Coast Mainline in Northumberland and that means we are also seeing an impact on prices. We aren't as cheap as Lincolnshire but it's still great value compared to London and it's traditional commuter belt.

My work place we have people who commute from various areas

Tonbridge
Southampton
Huntington
Peterborough
Northampton
Even one in Ireland ?

No working from home tho just for the lifestyle

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My work place we have people who commute from various areas

Tonbridge
Southampton
Huntington
Peterborough
Northampton
Even one in Ireland ?

No working from home tho just for the lifestyle
Working from home obviously only works for certain jobs. We have a mfr business so the staff have to come in to go on the machines. WFH is not possible. Same for you I'd guess. Looking at that list it's about the compromise of quality of home life v commute. I'm pleased I'm up here where I don't need to make that decision ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working from home obviously only works for certain jobs. We have a mfr business so the staff have to come in to go on the machines. WFH is not possible. Same for you I'd guess. Looking at that list it's about the compromise of quality of home life v commute. I'm pleased I'm up here where I don't need to make that decision ?

One is ex forces and once he retired asked his family if they want to move again they didn't so he does the commute

The Ireland guy is retiring over there when he about 55 if he can so he sold up and built himself a life over there

Comes over every few weeks does bunch of shifts then buggers off

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

You seem to think we all live in places like Chiswick or Belsize Park…This house is £150k in Chatham, train to central London and the big bucks takes 50 Minutes.

23 Hillside Road, Chatham, ME4
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/113454176

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site