Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got a tyre replaced on my car earlier this week. For some reason he folded my wing mirrors in first of all (they fold themselves in automatically when you lock it so by doing it himself he buggered that up), and today when driving home in the dark I realised he disabled my automatic lights so I drove round with no lights on for a few minutes before I realised. Why did he have to faff about with the mirrors and the lights to change a bloody tyre??

Last edited:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Got a tyre replaced on my car earlier this week. For some reason he angled my folded my wing mirrors in first of all (they fold themselves in automatically when you lock it so by doing it himself he buggered that up), and today when driving home in the dark I realised he disabled my automatic lights so I drove round with no lights on for a few minutes before I realised. Why did he have to faff about with the mirrors and the lights to change a bloody tyre??

Might of stuck your car on a narrow two post lift and if it’s front wheel drive your lift points might be close to the posts and any plant so put your mirrors in.

Garage could be dark so lights were on so turned them off to save battery.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a tyre replaced on my car earlier this week. For some reason he folded my wing mirrors in first of all (they fold themselves in automatically when you lock it so by doing it himself he buggered that up), and today when driving home in the dark I realised he disabled my automatic lights so I drove round with no lights on for a few minutes before I realised. Why did he have to faff about with the mirrors and the lights to change a bloody tyre??
Whenever my car gets serviced it comes back with the auto lights disabled. It must be as per @Jamesbrown post. It caught me out for the first few times, dangerous in built up areas because you don't realise at first, but now I turn back to the auto setting as soon as I get back in. It is irritating but at least you know now for future times to check.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree with the earlier post about folding in the mirrors to get the car on the ramp - you would be more annoyed if the mirrors were damaged! With regard to the lights, most garages do a safety check when they have a car in (possibly to try and upsell) so have probably checked the lights were working. You should be thanking them not getting annoyed ;)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Driving straight down to Farnham after work today - got everything ready last night/ this morning:

Clubs packed
Trolley packed
Clothes for tonight packed
Golf clothes for tomorrow packed
toiletries
underwear

Drive to work (25 mins)

Remember I havent got shoes....

:rolleyes:

AliMc

Visit site
Driving straight down to Farnham after work today - got everything ready last night/ this morning:

Clubs packed
Trolley packed
toiletries
underwear

Drive to work (25 mins)

I played as a guest of my mate who is a member at Archerfield, he arrived at the course opened his car boot and discovered his clubs were still in his garage !

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played as a guest of my mate who is a member at Archerfield, he arrived at the course opened his car boot and discovered his clubs were still in his garage !

Clubs packed
Trolley packed
toiletries
underwear

Drive to work (25 mins)

pop to Sports Direct and get some crocs

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Auto folding mirrors operate normally on a clutch so that in event of an impact with something they move to lessen damage to the car and wallet.
They can always be manually folded in and doing so causes no damage to them.
Not read the handbook?;)