Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not normal to have a child spend half the day without a shoe because some little prick has thrown it on the school roof.

If you think its an acceptable thing to have happen to a kid then you are a moron.
That's ridiculous. Did he not have trainers for PE or anything he could have changed into?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thought maybe the teachers wouldn't allow it or something which would have made it even worse. ?
Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if he did have trainers at school but had forgotten. He's incredibly bright, but got the common sense of his mother ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s the thing pal. It’s totally normal. It’s what kids do. Obviously to millennials it’s a crisis. Like so much of your lives seem to be.

I'm far from being a millennial but to allow a child to spend half the day with only one shoe and to then allow them to walk home that way is completely out of order. The school needs to be brought to account for allowing and accepting the bullying behaviour.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate took his kid out of school for a holiday

Apparently he can take him out for 4 days (he can't) he asks the wife where she heard it

"The mum's at the school"

This is why the world is backwards ..it's like getting covid facts off Facebook

Don't ask people who equally don't know and make stuff up

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
One of the apple news articles (the sun) shown alleged panic buying of toilet rolls and bottles of water….. from Costco wholesale. ?

I went this evening, and I could of been caught “panic buying” wagyu beef burgers, fillet steak, water, rennies, deodorant and chocolate covered almonds.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Equality… does it exist or is it an excuse for some group to get an advantage over another?
If pensions ages were all the same for all genders that would be equal? if memberships were all the same for genders, age groups, that would be equal?
If paid parental leave was the same for all parents that would be equal ( Sweden does this by the way)
What if a court of law judges someone on their crime and gave no account for their gender would that be equal?

Just a few things we seem to overlook when the word equality is used … perhaps we should use the phrase targeted levelling up ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nature.

Foxes constantly digging up my lawns every night.
Slugs around the top/neck of the new milk bottles freshly delivered.
I have the same issue with foxes and squirrels( watched a cat get one of the squirrels the other day , was quite interesting)
As for slugs yup they are everywhere, try copper rings they stop them climbing up the plants .. might stop them going up the bottle

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I have the same issue with foxes and squirrels( watched a cat get one of the squirrels the other day , was quite interesting)
As for slugs yup they are everywhere, try copper rings they stop them climbing up the plants .. might stop them going up the bottle
Squirrel numbers must be up,never seen as many.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t put copper rings around the milkman’s delivery. It’s bad enough getting up at 04:10 each morning, let alone 02:30 just to bring the milk in;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nature.

Foxes constantly digging up my lawns every night.
Slugs around the top/neck of the new milk bottles freshly delivered.

Strangely we see very few foxes despite living in a very rural area.
Seldom see any fox roadkill, mainly badgers.
The foxes we do see are very healthy creatures and about twice the size of the 'city' dwellers.
Mentioned this to a local gamekeeper who said that there were plenty about as he shot over 40 last year.