Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess the view depends on the subject matter, Rick Shield, Golf Mates etc all basically the same, make videos, get subscribers, get views, get money. Various topics and interests but they are making social media and YouTube content to make money

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But it is a proper job and can pay fantastically well.

Being a drug dealer can also pay fantastically well but it's not a proper job. Taking photos of yourself in a bikini laying on a sun lounger in Dubai and getting paid for it because you've got a couple of million imbeciles following you on Instagram isn't a proper job no matter how well paid it is. The money should go to whoever it is that Photoshops their images to make them look like that. But that's just my opinion and irritation, other views are also available.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Being a drug dealer can also pay fantastically well but it's not a proper job. Taking photos of yourself in a bikini laying on a sun lounger in Dubai and getting paid for it because you've got a couple of million imbeciles following you on Instagram isn't a proper job no matter how well paid it is. The money should go to whoever it is that Photoshops their images to make them look like that. But that's just my opinion and irritation, other views are also available.
I also hate those types of social media types but people who make education or entertaining content are great. Veritasium is an amazing YouTube channel. Tom Scott is a great guy, too.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is just the new way of advertising. Why pay millions for a TV ad or press marketing when you simply need to give away a couple of freebies and they do all the advertising for you directly to your target audience.

Same with giving away golf clubs or tech gear to review etc or getting someone to play your course. It is just affordable marketing that is far more targeted than most.

It also takes a great deal of time to edit and, as you say, Photoshop as necessary. Takes hours to produce a 20 minute video if you want it to look professional. Most even hire camera operators and other techs to make it professional

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I also hate those types of social media types but people who make education or entertaining content are great. Veritasium is an amazing YouTube channel. Tom Scott is a great guy, too.

Probably should've been clearer in my original post. It's those people that are my irritation rather than those who educational or entertaining.

Never heard of either of the ones you mention but will have a look later this evening once the kids are in bed.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It is just the new way of advertising. Why pay millions for a TV ad or press marketing when you simply need to give away a couple of freebies and they do all the advertising for you directly to your target audience.

Same with giving away golf clubs or tech gear to review etc or getting someone to play your course. It is just affordable marketing that is far more targeted than most.

It also takes a great deal of time to edit and, as you say, Photoshop as necessary. Takes hours to produce a 20 minute video if you want it to look professional. Most even hire camera operators and other techs to make it professional
Some of the golf youtubers release a video daily,that’s certainly a lot of work.
During the lockdown they were really struggling for content ?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a you tube channel that's basically three aussie blokes dropping various objects from a large height onto other objects. That's not a real job but, judging by the view numbers, probably quite lucrative and, to my eternal shame, strangely compelling viewing. Those guys are geniuses! :ROFLMAO:

Anne now goes off to find them on you tube...........

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a you tube channel that's basically three aussie blokes dropping various objects from a large height onto other objects. That's not a real job but, judging by the view numbers, probably quite lucrative and, to my eternal shame, strangely compelling viewing. Those guys are geniuses! :ROFLMAO:
are those the same guys that drop stuff like fridges on to a massive trampoline?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody Middlesex FA. I've not been able to login to their Full Time website (which I need to do certain admin for my Sunday Team) for two months, they still don't even seem to understand what the problem is let alone be close to fixing it. I'm the one giving them suggestions of what to do, they are clueless. If it isn't fixed within 12 days before the season starts, we are the ones who risk getting a fine for not completing ref reviews and team sheets! It's a joke. I guess the FA is incompetent at all levels.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bloody Middlesex FA. I've not been able to login to their Full Time website (which I need to do certain admin for my Sunday Team) for two months, they still don't even seem to understand what the problem is let alone be close to fixing it. I'm the one giving them suggestions of what to do, they are clueless. If it isn't fixed within 12 days before the season starts, we are the ones who risk getting a fine for not completing ref reviews and team sheets! It's a joke. I guess the FA is incompetent at all levels.

The FA website is dreadful, we as parents just had to register and link to our kids, it was not a very nice experience!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Appliances direct. What a shoddy outfit

Ordered air con in July.

Delivery 27th August (arranged around work)
Install 1st sept

They tried to change delivery to 26th the week before (I wouldnt be here) had to call for hours to change it back

Install heard nothing , yesterday chased .. they tech called me himself and said I'm coming Thursday do you know this? Nope I was expecting you tomorrow (today) he apologised he said he getting to jobs and people not even in as they been told different dates

They emailed me just now to say install put back until Friday .. I wouldn't care but it's a 3 day job I was off 1st 2nd 3rd

If they start 3rd I'm working 4th 5th

So called the tech back he said what? Far as I know I'm with you tomorrow 9am nothings changed since we spoke yesterday

Calling him back in 10 mins for him to speak to head office who seem clueless compared to the tech himself .. they hadn't even sent him the photos he asked for , I sent them direct to him over what's app

Avoid them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I seem to be only one that uses the nearside lane at the weekend. On the M25.

As you drive further from London, driving tends to become more considerate / aligned to the highway code.
It must be one of those curious quirks where people actually get worse with more experience. I only started driving this year so have only been on a few motorways, but I'm more than happy to drive in the left lanes and let people go past me. I prefer it that way. Me and my little Fiesta are at home there. :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In the last 2 hours I have seen 4 different cars, none of them Learners, approach a roundabout, signal left and go straight ahead.......
I can't even contemplate the possibility that it could enter someone's head to think that this is the correct thing to do...
I am depressed :cautious: