Random Irritations

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I get that,personally I just like to see the players tested more.
But it’s not like this every week so ?‍♂️
Some analogies…

Would you rather watch a World Cup final that’s 4-3 or 1-0?

I dunno. It reeks of jealousy to me. The same people who whinge about things like this are the same people who whinge about the US Open being won at +1.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Some analogies…

Would you rather watch a World Cup final that’s 4-3 or 1-0?

I dunno. It reeks of jealousy to me. The same people who whinge about things like this are the same people who whinge about the US Open being won at +1.
Totally different sport,obviously I’d rather see 4-3.
Like I said it’s not like it’s every wk so it’s not bad seeing them rip the course up.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've lost a fair bit of weight in the past few months. Get together at monthly comp and see folks I haven’t seen for a while and they can either go with;

a. He’s lost weight, looks much healthier
b. He must be seriously ill

A few too many choose b
:(

RichA

Visit site
I've lost a fair bit of weight in the past few months. Get together at monthly comp and see folks I haven’t seen for a while and they can either go with;

a. He’s lost weight, looks much healthier
b. He must be seriously ill

A few too many choose b
:(
I get a lot of that at the moment. My BMI is 21.5 - bang in the middle of normal, yet I apparently look "too thin".
Then again, maybe they all don't look thin enough.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I get a lot of that at the moment. My BMI is 21.5 - bang in the middle of normal, yet I apparently look "too thin".
Then again, maybe they all don't look thin enough.

Yeah this year I've gone from a bmi of 32.5 to 22.3 but somehow now i look ill, it seems the 'wee fat bloke' was actually a 'good look' ;)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Social media experts that feel the need to argue about the same thing,making the same points over & over again.

quite sad really.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing an Open in Scotland on Saturday, the results being posted on HDID, and the scores still aren’t showing on my handicap…

Are the SG and EG systems still not aligned???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing an Open in Scotland on Saturday, the results being posted on HDID, and the scores still aren’t showing on my handicap…

No. You will have to give your h/c sec the details yourself. Easier if you took a picture of your card at the end.

It's poor isn't it?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. You will have to give your h/c sec the details yourself. Easier if you took a picture of your card at the end.

It's poor isn't it?
It’s bloody ridiculous mate.
I’m looking at a full shot cut at least. I have a big matchplay final next Sunday and I now have to run around trying to do someone else’s simple job for them so that I can play off the correct handicap ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s bloody ridiculous mate.
I’m looking at a full shot cut at least. I have a big matchplay final next Sunday and I now have to run around trying to do someone else’s simple job for them so that I can play off the correct handicap ?
I played at one in June but thankfully the pro handing out the cards told us at the begining that we would have to sort this out ourselves. I took a picture of the card after the round, emailed it to the sec and a few days later it appeared. You do need something else, is it PCC? (I'm not up on these things but I think it is similar to old school CSS), relating to the competition so you will need to ask the club running it for that as well.

It really should not be asking a great deal of home unions to have systems that can talk to each other. It looks like mini empire building, from all parties, for this not to have happened.

At least you played well and will get a cut (eventually) (y)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

We had an email from Scottish Golf this weekend saying we could now put a score in anywhere in the world on the SG app now