Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone actually emailed me to ask if I could convert an Excel to a PDF for them. Seriously?? What year is this? Who still hasn't found the 'print to PDF' option?? :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There's actually very little about today that hasn't irritated the hell out of me and it's only 3.15pm....
Going to be a long rest of the day..:cautious:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trousers and the current fashion for them to be tighter. I don't like tight, particularly in the gentlemen's region, and so I am having to go up a waist size as that alters everything else. That can make the fit a little too baggy unnecessarily. Irritating.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been in a restaurant in Dundee tonight. came to pay the bill and was asked”Do you want to leave a tip?” How everything has changed. Thought I had a choice.

More importantly Lord T I have 10 mince pies left

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been in a restaurant in Dundee tonight. came to pay the bill and was asked”Do you want to leave a tip?” How everything has changed. Thought I had a choice.

I had that a few times when paying by card, but I prefer leaving a cash tip (y).. Small pies for small guys M'Lud :p

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Fair play ?.

Not long until this years production is hitting the shelves ?

On the tip front, on our recent trip to London a 12% service charge was added automatically to each place we ate at. I know we can ask to have it removed but that is always an uncomfortable conversation. It seems gone are the days when it is up to the customer in any way, when no pressure is put on the customer and service actually has to be good on it's own.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fair play ?.

On the tip front, on our recent trip to London a 12% service charge was added automatically to each place we ate at. I know we can ask to have it removed but that is always an uncomfortable conversation. It seems gone are the days when it is up to the customer in any way, when no pressure is put on the customer and service actually has to be good on it's own.
I have always wondered how chefs/restaurant managers decide on their pricing for a new dish:
Ingredients - Check
New utensils/pans - Check
Staff training - Check
Gas/Electricity - Check
Washing up - Check
Taking it to the customer - Bugger! Forgot that one! Let's just add something to the bill after they have eaten it. They'll never notice.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have always wondered how chefs/restaurant managers decide on their pricing for a new dish:
Ingredients - Check
New utensils/pans - Check
Staff training - Check
Gas/Electricity - Check
Washing up - Check
Taking it to the customer - Bugger! Forgot that one! Let's just add something to the bill after they have eaten it. They'll never notice.

I seem to remember Gordon Ramsey once say add up the cost of the ingredients and multiply by 4 to give you the cost per plate.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Fair play ?.

90% of the time I ask for it to be taken off the bill. 90% of the time I tell the manager I decide if you’re good enough for a tip. Sometimes I tip more, sometimes less. Occasionally nothing.

Bizarrely, here in rural Spain they don’t like tips. They, almost, don’t understand the concept. And if you over tip they give you some money back.