Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feeling like I'm taking my life in my hands every time I cycle these days. I tend towards minor rural roads but then tractors are a real hazard "I'm not moving - into the verge with you" and car drivers seem to panic and squeeze past dangerously.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving through south London yesterday and there's loads of 20mph zones. No problem with that as even the numpties seemed to obey them but one of the zones was on a dual carriageway! What's that about?!
The 20 lmph limit is London wide now. A totally barking idea

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Zoe Ball on R2 Breakfast Show and her continual over use of the word 'Emotional'. Watches a TV show - "So emotional", plays a record - "Feel so emotional", reads a listener tweet - "that is so emotional". She even gets emotional when the travel report is done!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Zoe Ball on R2 Breakfast Show and her continual over use of the word 'Emotional'. Watches a TV show - "So emotional", plays a record - "Feel so emotional", reads a listener tweet - "that is so emotional". She even gets emotional when the travel report is done!

Just you wait till she gets super emotional

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife back at work fully today

Taken leave as eldest school doesn't start until 20th , didn't want our parents to do their days with all 3 without us there it's tough

Air con overrun until hopefully today if they show .. that's gonna be fun lol

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just having a look at current Swedish tax laws… it doesn’t look good at all, as contractor you look to retain 64-73% of your incomings ( but then this covers unpaid holiday, pension, and short notice termination- which permanent employees forget that they have) .
The new laws push this figure down to 45% .. which if I choose to carry on, I would require a rate rise of 63% to make it equivalent financially, but doesn’t cover the extra costs of accounting or living costs.
Got some difficult decisions ahead for next year, not up for taking a wage drop at any level especially given the impact of quality of life is degraded and the possibility of not meeting my current obligations. Will look into doing an HGV license ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just how do designers come up with so many ways to make it fiendishly difficult to change a headlight in a car!
They have control of the whole industry! They no longer contemplate quality, design rules or the customer.. it’s just purely how it looks. Modern cars are shells that the engineers must try and fix stuff in .. it’s like the clothing industry all cat walk models are straight up straight down unlike real people .. they make life easy for themselves by “designing “ like this. Hopefully coach building will come back and the platforms will be engineered and dressed by a coach builder. Every thing will function and won’t be constrained …

ah that felt good .. thank you for the opportunity to release

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We used to have a Renault grand scenic and you needed the skills of an expert proctologist and a Jeremy Beadle style little hand to change the headlight bulb.
My local Citroën dealer always had a lad with small hands on the payroll.....specifically for changing headlamp bulbs.