Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought you couldn’t get anywhere near 20mph in London!?
It's not London-wide. Its only roads managed by TfL, and then only those in the central congestion zone. Which in reality is a tiny minority of roads. Doesn't stop it being a pain in the a*** though.
A
It goes out to the South Circular so includes Lambeth, Lewisham as well as Wandsworth, Chelsea and Kensington, Camden, Westminster...basically everywhere inside the North and South Circulars...or will be very soon. I would say thats more or less London wide.
It's a blooming maddening thing to deal with.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A
It goes out to the South Circular so includes Lambeth, Lewisham as well as Wandsworth, Chelsea and Kensington, Camden, Westminster...basically everywhere inside the North and South Circulars...or will be very soon. I would say thats more or less London wide.

Considering tfl maintain the majority of major roads (a and b roads) within the m25 it isn't the the entire of London

Doesn't affect a lot of greater London .. yet anyways

YandaB

Visit site
Just how do designers come up with so many ways to make it fiendishly difficult to change a headlight in a car!
Makes me feel better when 4 people at Halfords all failed too! Apparently the chap with the "magic fingers" isn't in today (despite 3 of the 4 boasting that they were unbeaten at it) so I will have to go back another day. Maybe that's a post for Gladdens the heart?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A

The last place you only want to be doing 20 mph is lewisham

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Makes me feel better when 4 people at Halfords all failed too! Apparently the chap with the "magic fingers" isn't in today (despite 3 of the 4 boasting that they were unbeaten at it) so I will have to go back another day. Maybe that's a post for Gladdens the heart?

Halfords refused to do ours when I took it to them. Got the bulb and paid for fitting. The guy came out to the car, looked at it and just said "Nope, we don't change those". Had to go back in to the shop to get a refund for the fitting.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Halfords refused to do ours when I took it to them. Got the bulb and paid for fitting. The guy came out to the car, looked at it and just said "Nope, we don't change those". Had to go back in to the shop to get a refund for the fitting.

Kwik fit refused to regas the air con on my hybrid few years back ...

Prepaid had to get a refund

Went local garage and they did it. Couldn't understand why they refused .. "we don't touch hybrids" good luck with that .. and tbh like the garage said .. litterally connect to the tubes and press go on a machine

Anyone could do it apparently

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sports commentators exaggerating how good a shot was. "She's hit the perfect 6 iron into that green". No she hasn't, the perfect 6 iron would go in the hole not end up 10 feet away. She's hit a very good, or even excellent, shot not a perfect shot.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair parts of it are 30 and I average 10mph through these parts
If the limit was time specific, I could understand. But when you're on these roads at 5am, they are empty and youre doing 20 mph with nothing around except a speed camera....
Anyways, they're my irritation.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the limit was time specific, I could understand. But when you're on these roads at 5am, they are empty and youre doing 20 mph with nothing around except a speed camera....
Anyways, they're my irritation.

Oh I agree. Did a bagel run for the lads before covid on a night shift .. archway road 26mph camera flashed .. forgot it was a 20

Luckily nothing ever came of it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what did you do instead, just buy a new car??