Random Irritations

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't you send them an invoice for your time replying to their nonsense ( and tell them Quick settlement is required! )
I did it many years ago to a bank and got £35 put into my account:sneaky:

I think they’d send me an invoice for all franked mail for the letters I ignore till the red one comes!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't you send them an invoice for your time replying to their nonsense ( and tell them Quick settlement is required! )
I did it many years ago to a bank and got £35 put into my account:sneaky:

I did that with Talk Talk a few years ago. We moved out of a rental property and told them by phone and email the date we were moving out. A Polish family moved in after us and used our still active phoneline to call their relatives back home in Poland. They then chased me for the bill and despite providing all the evidence they asked for continued to chase me for it. I got so fed up taking calls from them, sometimes three or four times a day, that after checking they were recording the call and telling them that I was also recording it, I told them that if they continued to call me then I would charge them for taking their calls at a rate of £400 per day or part thereof. I told them to stop calling me and take me to court for the outstanding balance. They called me twice more after that so I submitted an invoice to them for £800 and got a cheque for £400 sent through to me as "full and final payment".

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Folks that expect a lot for very little. Was asked to build a set of old school monitor style speakers, proper big room fillers, the kind that cost about £4k for a cheap set. Quoted £1500 which includes a hand veneered fiinish of his choosing, was told that was "way more than he thought it would be."

Thats 2 x woofers, 2 x mid bass, 2 x compression drivers, 2 x passive radiators and 2 sets of 3-way crossover components. And also before cabinet materials and finishes.

He doesn't want much then!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is there an unwritten rule that every televised football match has to have a woman either presenting or on the panel? I get the equality argument, but it looks to me like pure tokenism. The standard panel seems to be two famous male international players and a woman no one has ever heard of.

I realise this will be totally non-pc, so am ready for the flak, but it doesn't half irritate me.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is there an unwritten rule that every televised football match has to have a woman either presenting or on the panel? I get the equality argument, but it looks to me like pure tokenism. The standard panel seems to be two famous male international players and a woman no one has ever heard of.

I realise this will be totally non-pc, so am ready for the flak, but it doesn't half irritate me.

i am all for equality and fresh thinking. Clearly Emma Hayes is very accomplished and an MBE - but can she talk on a TV show. I struggled with it and the chemistry between the pundits. If they could find someone who can talk it would be really good to have them. Cricket seems to have found Isha Guha who is fantastic and is much better than some of her male colleagues. agree with you that right now it smacks of tokenism

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
24 hours since the Broadband in the area went down. Does Virgin Media care.. nada.

Registered on their service status website. twice got a text saying it has been fixed Was it fixed.. not a chance.

I think VM sending out 'it is fixed' message so that they meet some SLA and dont have to refund money.

Working from home, on a hotspot. Not the best way for video calls..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
i am all for equality and fresh thinking. Clearly Emma Hayes is very accomplished and an MBE - but can she talk on a TV show. I struggled with it and the chemistry between the pundits. If they could find someone who can talk it would be really good to have them. Cricket seems to have found Isha Guha who is fantastic and is much better than some of her male colleagues. agree with you that right now it smacks of tokenism
You just know that Roy Keane is sat there thinking 'you shouldn't be there', hence no chemistry. If it was a womans international then she should be front and centre but it isn't. She hasn't played at that level, she hasn't managed at that level. It is why male championship, div1, div 2 etc players and managers with years of experience and great communication skills still don't get a gig on those programmes. It's about credibility.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to a music festival last weekend, I have a runny nose and bit of a sore throat now, just like when I had covid a couple of months ago but without the banging headache. Really not sure what to do, book a pcr test or just go with it ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Went to a music festival last weekend, I have a runny nose and bit of a sore throat now, just like when I had covid a couple of months ago but without the banging headache. Really not sure what to do, book a pcr test or just go with it ?

did you drink too much, do a lot of singing along, and sleep in a tent? that's what it sounds like to me:D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pick up a lateral flow test from Boots, or other pharmacies. My daughter is working at a pub at the moment and she tests herself every few days. You can either go online and get them delivered or pop in and pick them up. No cost, dead simple.

Saying that, my money is on Rudebhoy's suggestion :LOL:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Waited 12 weeks for a new garage door. Finally arriving today. The builder called today to say that the garage door company got things wrong. the door is half a meter narrower than ordered. So an offer to discount it or wait another 12 weeks for a new one..

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Waited 12 weeks for a new garage door. Finally arriving today. The builder called today to say that the garage door company got things wrong. the door is half a meter narrower than ordered. So an offer to discount it or wait another 12 weeks for a new one..

Half a meter short??? and they offered you a discount?! :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pick up a lateral flow test from Boots, or other pharmacies. My daughter is working at a pub at the moment and she tests herself every few days. You can either go online and get them delivered or pop in and pick them up. No cost, dead simple.

Saying that, my money is on Rudebhoy's suggestion :LOL:

?
Just remembered, we have some lateral flow kits at home, time to stick something up my nose again ??