Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Being quoted £45 by heating company we will use to plumb in a new radiator for a basic radiator thermostatic and lockshield valve pack - when I can buy same online for £23. Just irritating the margin that the unwary would end up paying if they didn’t ask…and last time I had them fit a new radiator I was one of the unwary.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
im guessing the brickies got a few days extra work coming his way ;)

@Rooter .. it is narrow rather than short.. so timber going either side to fix it.

Half way in and they are realising that the original (correct) measurement would have been wrong anyways. There are pillars half way down the garage that would not allow the rails for the sectional. So the surveyor was wrong

Luckily all the building, measuring, fitting etc is on a turnkey basis… so me watching them have some fun.

As fundy says.. wait till the Mrs is back from work

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Folks that expect a lot for very little. Was asked to build a set of old school monitor style speakers, proper big room fillers, the kind that cost about £4k for a cheap set. Quoted £1500 which includes a hand veneered fiinish of his choosing, was told that was "way more than he thought it would be."

Thats 2 x woofers, 2 x mid bass, 2 x compression drivers, 2 x passive radiators and 2 sets of 3-way crossover components. And also before cabinet materials and finishes.

He doesn't want much then!
GiF....Is this your spec based on previous kit used....or did customer chappie specify what he wanted ( obviously passed out when you told him )
OR, did he have any idea of what was involved-and probably think couple lightweight tape/ cd set speakers would be enough??
What did you supply in end??

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
GiF....Is this your spec based on previous kit used....or did customer chappie specify what he wanted ( obviously passed out when you told him )
OR, did he have any idea of what was involved-and probably think couple lightweight tape/ cd set speakers would be enough??
What did you supply in end??

He specified what he wanted and referenced a couple of mid/high end sets as a ‘start point’.
I didn’t supply anything as he decided not to go ahead.

I always spec and quote before starting these days.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been on the BBC Sport website and not only is the BMW not on the headlines page, it is not even on the golf page unless you click leaderboards. And to think that there are people who still think they deserve the rights to the Open.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being quoted £45 by heating company we will use to plumb in a new radiator for a basic radiator thermostatic and lockshield valve pack - when I can buy same online for £23. Just irritating the margin that the unwary would end up paying if they didn’t ask…and last time I had them fit a new radiator I was one of the unwary.

£23 for the kit maybe but what about fitting costs? Unless I'm miss reading your post £22 isn't bad value

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No Garden waste collection in the area due to ‘nationwide lack of HGV drivers’ This is the 4th miss, so coming upto 2 months. They will extend the subscription by 2 months

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No Garden waste collection in the area due to ‘nationwide lack of HGV drivers’ This is the 4th miss, so coming upto 2 months. They will extend the subscription by 2 months

same in a lot of places, none here since we moved in and got a whole garden to clear lol (need a bigger bin!!!)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The idiot cyclist that pulled out around a row of approx 10 cars, on his side of the road, while I was coming the other way half way down the row of cars and then proceeded to pull in front of my car forcing me to stop and give me a mouthful of abuse for not giving him enough room. Needless to say I returned the abuse and pointed out that it was my right of way as the cars were on his side of the road and I was already halfway down the line of cars when he pulled out into my path.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Someone who adopted a puppy from Romania on the same transport as us has returned the puppy because "it wasn't house trained after 6 days"! IDIOTS! :mad:
Saw a post today on one of the pointer groups we are on of someone trying to sell a dog they had been given that was rescued from abroad, some people...☹ at least give it back to the rescue group,it came from and they can find it a new home

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Suppose that you would be too polite to deposit on/in the council offices car park:sneaky:
Wonder if any action would be taken if said waste was also ( somehow ) deposited in the council leaders garden??? ( not that I could possibly condone such 'petty' actions, you understand:whistle:)
Had problem here with Hogwort(?) growing along stream at base of garden + couple other neighbours gardens,,took weeks to get it actioned/ destroyed until photos were sent along with info stating how touch contact was v. poisonous-esp. kids and what would the media make of this inaction if anything were to happen- esp. to a child??-believe the local councilperson's offspring were mentioned to him:devilish:
You've got to find their weak spot and apply some leverage/ embarrass them- all they care about is their ( good ) image:rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pick up a lateral flow test from Boots, or other pharmacies. My daughter is working at a pub at the moment and she tests herself every few days. You can either go online and get them delivered or pop in and pick them up. No cost, dead simple.

Saying that, my money is on Rudebhoy's suggestion :LOL:
When I had Covid I did 3 of those lateral home tests and they all came up negative. Useless!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I had Covid I did 3 of those lateral home tests and they all came up negative. Useless!

Did you do them when you had symptoms? I'm sure that someone more qualified than me (@Ethan) will be able to confirm this but I'm fairly sure that they aren't designed for those that have Covid symptoms. Generally if you take a LFT and it gives you a positive result then around 95% (ish I think) of the time this will be confirmed by a PCR test as correct but if you get a negative result from a LFT the percentage chances of you not having it are a lot lower.