Putting with pin in - sick of it!

D

Deleted member 3432

Why are we moaning when some other sports haven't even restarted?

If folk are worried about the ball staying out and ruining their score maybe they should stick to social golf or perhaps lobby their committee to install a system that actually works.

We are playing golf folks, enjoy that fact....

Mandofred

Visit site
The discussion has no answer....
popcorn.gif

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I cant for the life of me understand why clubs are persisting with the lever ball retrievers if they are causing the balls to bounce out.

Small foam insert. Job done.
I agree, but once they've spent the money on the retrievers I guess they're staying. I would happily go back to picking the ball out of the cup if our club went back to shallow cups. I don't mind putting with the pin in, it's the extra width of the retrievers getting in the way which is a pain for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are we moaning when some other sports haven't even restarted?

If folk are worried about the ball staying out and ruining their score maybe they should stick to social golf or perhaps lobby their committee to install a system that actually works.

We are playing golf folks, enjoy that fact....
It’s a golf forum for discussion!
There isn’t a system that’s perfect but that wasn’t the OP
It was the” flag in” .
I don’t like it , others do that’s fine.
At the moment it’s not an option that’s also fine , at least we are playing.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sick of putting #YIPS pin or no pin. make the game not getting it in the hole. I'd be plus handicapper.

stats putting 25 handicap, par 3's 19 works well with 5/6 handicap :-(

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played at Boat of Garten yesterday. They had a great solution to this situation.
They had what looked like the same thick pins at my place.
No bounce outs in my 3 ball.

Attachments

• 20200817_172134.jpg
    20200817_172134.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 27

Brammall Mac

Visit site
Played at Boat of Garten yesterday. They had a great solution to this situation.
They had what looked like the same thick pins at my place.
No bounce outs in my 3 ball.

Yep - we’ve got these and they work a treat. The Cat 1 players and a lot of Ladies complained about the Lifting Devices causing bounce-out so we changed. Everybody now happy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is a plastic disk type device attached to the pin about 2" below the surface.
It is not a complete circle probably to allow water to flow through it.
We are using a cut down piece of pipe which is performing the same job. Simple but effective. The lift out devices, based on comments here and from people I know, seem to be a nice idea that cause more problems than they should. It looks like over engineering.

Will you take the picture back to your place? Will they be open to change?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It is a plastic disk type device attached to the pin about 2" below the surface.
It is not a complete circle probably to allow water to flow through it.
We had the lifty uppy things but some were getting bounce outs - not had any that bounced out that weren't hit too hard but that's me.
We now have a similar disc...loo,s lo,e a circle off polystyrene with 2 holes to alllow drainage..ill snap a pic tomorrow and try and upload it.
They're set just less than the size of a ball so the ball still drops but its not completely below ground.
They work fine...not sure what they're going to do with the 18 lifty uppy things ?

Mandofred

Visit site
A bit of a comedy this morning. Several of the pins have the foam inserts in the hole.....but between the rain and the morning watering......the foam rose up out of the cup full of water, so on several holes we had to take the flag out anyway:LOL::LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I played last night, hit a beautiful putt on the 5th from 10 feet for birdie, kissed the flag stick on the right and stayed out. I conclude i played a fraction to much pace/break. Shoot happens. Flag out it may have horse shoe'd it may have taken it.

We shall never.

Hit a 20 foot putt on 18 for par that was "travelling" smacked dead centre and dropped. Flag out I doubt it would have dropped.

Putt and move on no crying, no tantrums, it is what it is.

Simples & God bless we're playing golf.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Back on track. Putting with the flag on is tremendous, speeds up play, no farting about. LOVE IT

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back on track. Putting with the flag on is tremendous, speeds up play, no farting about. LOVE IT

Wrong. Played at several places and each time players are turning the flag round so the inserts are facing and not side on. Even the pros in the Jamega tour were doing it and they weren't the quickest players as it was

Last edited by a moderator: