Professional Golf 2024

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Rooting for Valimaki tonight 👍
Watched him make a ridiculous save at 17, at Open to make the cut - complete with cheesy grin to the few spectators hanging around late in the day. Seem to kick off the run of form.

sunshine

Visit site
I’m really keen to see “the Match at the Park” on Monday night at West Palm Beach. Charity skins game featuring Rory, Lexi, Max Homa and Rose Zhang.

It’s a bit of fun on a Monday night, not trying to disrupt the PGA Tour or the Saudi invitational. But it’s a good line up and I like watching men and women competing together occasionally. And I played the course last month and it was incredible. Really want to see how the pros handle it.

But I can’t find any information about how to watch it in the UK.

AussieKB

Visit site
I’m really keen to see “the Match at the Park” on Monday night at West Palm Beach. Charity skins game featuring Rory, Lexi, Max Homa and Rose Zhang.

It’s a bit of fun on a Monday night, not trying to disrupt the PGA Tour or the Saudi invitational. But it’s a good line up and I like watching men and women competing together occasionally. And I played the course last month and it was incredible. Really want to see how the pros handle it.

But I can’t find any information about how to watch it in the UK.
Did not know it was on, no reporting of it here in OZ.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

How great is this

That’s growing the game
It was a fantastic story but not sure it really grows the game in Uganda. I am sure poverty, lack of accessibility and lack of coaching will all be major issues. It is the same across many countries and surely this is where the DP and arguably all the cash washing around in LIV needs to focus their attention

sunshine

Visit site
Highlights of the latest edition of "the Match":

I couldn't find it live on UK telly, but this was a moot point as it was an evening event and didn't start until 11:30pm UK time.

Some thoughts:
  • I enjoyed the skins format. Much better viewing having 4 pros instead of "celebs".
  • It was good to hear the players discussing their shots. The conversation was a little awkward at times but you have to remember they are golfers not comedians.
  • Mixed golf seemed to work well. The women's tees were quite a long way forward, which meant their approaches were also shorter too.
  • Although it was a "fun" event (no cards submitted for handicap purposes) you can see Rory is just a class above, not just power but finesse too.
  • The course looked amazing and although wide open it was tricky due to the contours (hard to see the elevation changes on tv). Great demonstration that golf courses don't need to be penal to be challenging.
  • Don't know why they had buggies because the tees are very close to the greens, but...
  • No caddies! It was good to see players making their own decisions and even cleaning their clubs and removing the flagstick.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Highlights of the latest edition of "the Match":

I couldn't find it live on UK telly, but this was a moot point as it was an evening event and didn't start until 11:30pm UK time.

Some thoughts:
  • I enjoyed the skins format. Much better viewing having 4 pros instead of "celebs".
  • It was good to hear the players discussing their shots. The conversation was a little awkward at times but you have to remember they are golfers not comedians.
  • Mixed golf seemed to work well. The women's tees were quite a long way forward, which meant their approaches were also shorter too.
  • Although it was a "fun" event (no cards submitted for handicap purposes) you can see Rory is just a class above, not just power but finesse too.
  • The course looked amazing and although wide open it was tricky due to the contours (hard to see the elevation changes on tv). Great demonstration that golf courses don't need to be penal to be challenging.
  • Don't know why they had buggies because the tees are very close to the greens, but...
  • No caddies! It was good to see players making their own decisions and even cleaning their clubs and removing the flagstick.

I watched some so far, I'll catch up on the rest later

I think your 2nd last point is explained by your last point. Of the 4 I'm not sure who'd be most comfortable carrying their bag