Professional Golf 2024

AussieKB

Visit site
I tried to watch Bahrain but lost interest after 5 minutes if that, what is going to happen to DP tour when they keep sending top 10 over to US each year, I find more interest in the Korn Ferry Tour.

D

Deleted member 1147

I tried to watch Bahrain but lost interest after 5 minutes if that, what is going to happen to DP tour when they keep sending top 10 over to US each year, I find more interest in the Korn Ferry Tour.
So why did you bother watching it if you already know you prefer other tours?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interested to see that Rory got a two shot penalty yesterday for taking a drop from within one club length to the side of the direct line … apparently the rule allowing that changed last year. I would have been OK as I never realised that the rule allowing one club length either side ever existed! I have always gone back on line. 😆😆

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Interested to see that Rory got a two shot penalty yesterday for taking a drop from within one club length to the side of the direct line … apparently the rule allowing that changed last year. I would have been OK as I never realised that the rule allowing one club length either side ever existed! I have always gone back on line. 😆😆
How on the line is on the line? It’s a funny one, because if he had dropped it in exactly the same place but without measuring the club length. No one would have argued it wasn’t on the line..

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also, he could have dropped on the line and it rolled off line and been ok, but dropping offline and rolling on line is not ok. Don't you just love the rules of golf?

sjw

Visit site
I would've made the exact same mistake as Rory. It seems to me (and to most other people whom I've spoken) that the emphasis on that rule change was on the shape of the relief area, with the bit about dropping on the line slipped in there.

This is the diagram from the Rules website. Note that there is no difference between zones 2 and 3 (apart from in shape) indicating that the rules on where to drop within them differ. I would wager that most will just check this.

Diagram%2019.2.png

EDIT: I suppose the key does mention the drop on the line...

wjemather

Visit site
I'm forever appalled at how common it is for professional sports people (in general, not just golfers and their caddies) and commentators not to know the rules (even the basic and most frequently used ones) applicable their job. I also can't understand why pro golfers/caddies don't think to carry a rule book.

D

Deleted member 1147

I reckon that Alberg fella could have a future in this game
Scotty ain’t bad either

Good leaderboard in California

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon that Alberg fella could have a future in this game
Scotty ain’t bad either

Good leaderboard in California

He's won on the DP World Tour, USPGA Tour, has won the Ryder Cup and, to my knowledge, never played in a major! o_O

D

Deleted member 1147

Are they showing Clark…I hope not, he was miles behind at the start of the day