Professional Golf 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pebble Beach cancelled and Wyndam Clark is the Champion.
Would you consider it a hollow win in those circumstances or do you think the pros are content to have the title if the last round is cancelled. I know he did well to be in the lead after 3 rounds but I think I'd want to have proved myself over the 72 holes. Maybe its me

Visit site
What are your thoughts ?

Pavon was also guilty of this on 18 at Torrey Pines in the left rough. He stepped just behind where the ball was. As per the below vid, it’s definitely a strange little “step” he does - and the resulting shot was a bit good from a horrific lie!

The pros regularly use a variety of clubs (and woods) to flatten the lie as well.

Not on… and not good to see at pro level.

I don’t think anyone of us would even try to claim a free drop in heavy rough? Don’t hit it there…

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Now the tournament is over, not sure if this is a 'nothing to see here'.

Finishing positions of the Player Directors who received invitations.

Peter Malnati T14
Maverick McNealy T39
Webb Simpson T39
Adam Scott T20

So not propping up the leaderboard.
And maybe it is reasonable for players giving up their time to receive perks.

On the other hand, the tournament went from 156 to 80 players, and giving 5% of the field away could frustrate others who were close.

🤔 full article below.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just looking at the betting for the waste management.
Not a great field when Justin Thomas is 2nd favourite 😬

The lack of quality is distinctly noticeable now on the PGAT, but the WMPO will always be a great event. It’ll be interesting to see if the crowd try to ramp things up at all this year, in light of the emergence of LIV - the home of the stadium hole is without doubt on this event.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looking at the betting for the waste management.
Not a great field when Justin Thomas is 2nd favourite 😬
This is one thing that's becoming a strength of LIV I think. While on the PGA tour the field is watered down and you never know how many big names will show up - on LIV they are all there every event.