Professional Golf 2024

D

Deleted member 1147

Phil you & your buddy are clearly missing the point here 🙄
No one said he shouldn’t be 2nd favourite.
I was simply saying I expected a stronger field & if it was the JT wouldn’t be a favourite 🤦‍♂️
He would be amongst the favourites

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I was just reading how the 930 million dollars is to be broken down into 4 groups, and I quote:
-Group 4 consists of $75 million in aggregate equity and will be granted to 36 players who were instrumental to building the modern PGA Tour, based on career performance.

So is that a golden handshake for some select good 'ol boys who missed out on today's obscene money?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I was just reading how the 930 million dollars is to be broken down into 4 groups, and I quote:
-Group 4 consists of $75 million in aggregate equity and will be granted to 36 players who were instrumental to building the modern PGA Tour, based on career performance.

So is that a golden handshake for some select good 'ol boys who missed out on today's obscene money?

Sounds like it. 2 million for Jack.

D-S

Visit site

Here it comes....$
It seems to me that PGA Tour players are now getting higher rewards for serving up a worse product. I fully understand that the fact that the fact that they are not playing against as strong a field as they used to is entirely out of their control but this smacks of rewarding mediocrity.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Something that needs addressing.

How does the PGAT modify itself to make the returns it will need if the SSG group is the only investment into the tour?

They have to make changes so the investors can get a return, on top of paying their players a hell of a lot more money - so what’s the plan?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Something that needs addressing.

How does the PGAT modify itself to make the returns it will need if the SSG group is the only investment into the tour?

They have to make changes so the investors can get a return, on top of paying their players a hell of a lot more money - so what’s the plan?
I know, I can't get my head around that.

If the PGA Tour is still a 501 charity with its profit going into tournaments in the form of costs and prize money, then how is the money generated to give the investors a return.

The means must exist as these investor chappies are no mugs...............surely.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Watching golf channel coverage of on the range from WM
They're doing a compare of the Scheffler and Palmer swings

They keep referring to them as Scottie and "Mr Palmer"

What's that all about

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What's that all about

Mr Palmer was a co-founder of the Golf Channel. It's a sign of respect for which only the Americans get away with.

Mr Palmer
Mr Nicklaus

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

What's that all about

It's a sort of hushed respect that some American commentators, and even average American golf fans, give to past golfers of special note.

Ben Hogan was one of the first to be referred to in this way.