Professional Golf 2024

BearcatGolf

Visit site
So what? It isn't the Amateur Championship, or the European Amateur, or the Western Amateur, or the Asia-Pacific Amateur, etc.
The US Junior Amateur is the biggest junior event in the US. You have to be under 18 at the cut off date. It is a USGA event like the US Open, US Amateur, etc. My son played in the US Junior Amateur in 2022 at Bandon Dunes in Oregon. I highly recommend adding Bandon Dunes to your bucket list. There are 5 courses there IIRC.

Nick Dunlap who won the PGA event plays for the University of Alabama. My son was in a college tourney and Alabama was in the field and my son finished 9 shots ahead of Nick Dunlap in that 54-hole tournament. Maybe something to brag about if Dunlap becomes a star.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got no idea why people are hyping this like it's a big deal.
I think it's an American thing - when Kim came onto the scene, US golf was full of middle aged, cardigan wearing, good old boys (apart from TW). He was a real burst of youthful energy until he wasn't.
And his disappearance from the game was Lord Lucan like, with mysterious sightings in mysterious places.
If he ever came back, it would be a huge anticlimax as reality killed legend.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think it's an American thing - when Kim came onto the scene, US golf was full of middle aged, cardigan wearing, good old boys (apart from TW). He was a real burst of youthful energy until he wasn't.
And his disappearance from the game was Lord Lucan like, with mysterious sightings in mysterious places.
If he ever came back, it would be a huge anticlimax as reality killed legend.

He must be the one player whose legend has grown through his absence

He was decent , won a couple of events and had a decent round in the Masters once but you would think some multiple major winner was coming out of retirement with the way people are reacting

AussieKB

Visit site
Cannot see Anthony Kim rejoining PGA, he has a nice Insurance of $10 million or there about's still to come without the risk of earning it on the Tour with no guarantees.

D

Deleted member 1147

Excellent win for rookie Matthieu Pavon 🏆
and runner up spot for Hojgaard

Fore Right

Visit site
Danes looking strong in the UAE

Nicoli with a runner up in the states.

Are Denmark the strongest European nation right now ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think this is really interesting. Who thinks of Denmark when planning a golf trip? Who would put Denmark high up on the list of golfing nations? It's great to see different countries bringing golfers through. They must have a heck of a youth program going on.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I'd have thought Ireland with McIlroy, Lowry and Power must be about the strongest
England with the likes of Hatton and Fleetwood aren't to bad.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think this is really interesting. Who thinks of Denmark when planning a golf trip? Who would put Denmark high up on the list of golfing nations? It's great to see different countries bringing golfers through. They must have a heck of a youth program going on.
There's a couple of Danish courses on a recent NLU scandi series.
Denmark has a lot of open, rolling sandy landscape, plus wind and seaside. Better than Hertfordshire for golf for sure!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Excellent win for rookie Matthieu Pavon 🏆
and runner up spot for Hojgaard
It was. After those years grinding, to rock up and grab those bigger ranking points & $ so soon - he must be delighted.
Over the final couple of days the top of the leaderboard had a bit of a 'DPWT feel ' 🙂👍
Personally I'm not sure about the rookie label for someone who is 31, with umpteen years as a pro - but understand why it's used.

D

Deleted member 1147

It was. After those years grinding, to rock up and grab those bigger ranking points & $ so soon - he must be delighted.
Over the final couple of days the top of the leaderboard had a bit of a 'DPWT feel ' 🙂👍
Personally I'm not sure about the rookie label for someone who is 31, with umpteen years as a pro - but understand why it's used.
It’s his first year as a PGA tour member, hence being a PGA tour rookie…simple 🤷🏻‍♂️

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I absolutely love Pebble Beach, the 7th and 8th being my favourites.

I was struggling with the commentary, I often do, so I'm watching the footy with the sound and the golf muted.