Professional Golf 2024

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The WGCs didn’t attract the best players consistently when they were taken around the world.

No one based in the US or Europe really wants to play in play in Australia or the Far East. It’s why the field in the Aus open is so weak. They certainly won’t for extended periods of time.

Someone will have to pay a lot of players an awful lot of money to get them to turn up to more events.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good to see Sully at the top of the leaderboard in Dubai. Always liked him and think he is a cheeky chappy who has a good attitude to the game
Unfortunately he’s having a meltdown and will probably play himself out of the tournament today, I’m actually quite surprised how’s he’s reacting to every shot.

Another thing I’ve noticed more today whilst watching live compared to watching highlights,they actually don’t make every putt.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately he’s having a meltdown and will probably play himself out of the tournament today, I’m actually quite surprised how’s he’s reacting to every shot.

Another thing I’ve noticed more today whilst watching live compared to watching highlights,they actually don’t make every putt.
Always happens when I say a person or team is playing well 🤦‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was the stand out for me when I first saw a pro tournament live. Obviously they are silly good but tv tricks you into thinking every putt drops. It's actually quite healthy for your own game when you realise that doesn't happen even for them.

sunshine

Visit site
It was the stand out for me when I first saw a pro tournament live. Obviously they are silly good but tv tricks you into thinking every putt drops. It's actually quite healthy for your own game when you realise that doesn't happen even for them.

Not just putting. When you are watching live on TV they focus on the leaders, the players that are on form shooting the lights out. When you actually go to a tournament live you get to see the players having a mare too. The Women's British Open was a real eye opener: stellar golf at one end of the field but I also saw tops and slices into the trees.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s false advertising for those putters by only showing the putts they make which makes us mere mortals go and buy them 😂

The clear difference for me when watching them is hearing how different it is when they hit the ball

D

Deleted member 1147

A lot of Pro golf when watched live is quite dull. Good drive, good approach, good putt. Nothing fancy, but birdies on the card.

Obviously some is amazing, like Rory on a charge. But that’s few and far between.

It’s why I laugh to myself when mid handicappers talk about hitting most fairways or getting up and down most of the time. It’s rubbish. As a lot of tour pros don’t do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1147

Is the Am going to get the win in Cali?
Must be a long time since the last one managed it.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

First time I went to the BMW at Wentworth we hardly saw a putt drop from outside 10 feet.

Last year we went again and it was an entirely different story. We stood behind the 2nd green for half an hour or so early on the Saturday, and of the first three 3-balls to play the hole, eight players walked off with 2’s. The only one not to was Andy Sullivan, as I recall, and I believe he had the shortest putt of the lot.

All day the putts seemed to be dropping just like they do on TV.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Question....... How is Joaquin Niemann playing at the Dubai tournament, he's a LIV player isn't he? Thought they weren't allowed?
Having won in Australia in a co-sanctioned event (DPWT & Asian Tour) he probably has a 2 year exemption and membership of the DPWT.
I suspect he'll play as many events as he can as he's trying to get into the top 50 before the end of March to get a place in the Masters