Professional Golf 2024

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Yes Homer.

Cast your mind back a year or two and LIV golfers were pretty much blanked out from any kind of media coverage by the DPWT, and were frozen out of Ryder Cup selection - so to see both those organisations congratulating Hatton on a fine win, is definitely a step or two in the right direction, is it not?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes Homer.

Cast your mind back a year or two and LIV golfers were pretty much blanked out from any kind of media coverage by the DPWT, and were frozen out of Ryder Cup selection - so to see both those organisations congratulating Hatton on a fine win, is definitely a step or two in the right direction, is it not?
Not sure we have peace in our time just yet

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Yes Homer.

It’s just a social media post - at the moment Hatton is still a member of the DP Tour and eligible to play in the Ryder Cup

Lots of clutching going on

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Surely we can discuss the subject though rather than just trying to shut down anything remotely positive about it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tour golf over the last 2 years has been battered and pulled apart

We all know that people watching the sport at tour level has dropped so something needs to happen

But I don’t know what it will be - can’t see it being good for the fans but only good for the golfers, those at the top will get richer

If only there was some way to have players playing on their home tours and then the majors

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm with Bob MacIntyre in calling for the road hole to be blown up.
Crazy golf hole as it now plays.
If a designer copied it into a new course design he would be sacked toot sweet and would never get another gig.

I like it. After the opening drive and the walk over Swilken Bridge it is the only other real feature of playing the Old course which isn't the most inspiring piece of land otherwise. How would you design it?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm with Bob MacIntyre in calling for the road hole to be blown up.
Crazy golf hole as it now plays.
If a designer copied it into a new course design he would be sacked toot sweet and would never get another gig.

Off topic

I'm not picking you up but that phrase was something my mum would often to say to us when we were wee kids. I only found out recently (being in a place that speaks a lot of french) its actually 'tout de suite' :geek: (& no one says it) :p

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shorten it by 40 yards would be a start.
Fill in the bunker would entice golfers to play skillful positive shots to the green [imagine the pros hitting 6 irons into the 18th green]. The approach slopes are enough of a hazard.
Perhaps a couple of fairway bunkers like the left side tee shot at 18th at Wentworth
Stop choosing crazy pin positions.
Over the years they have contrived to make the hole unplayable

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Shorten it by 40 yards would be a start.
Fill in the bunker would entice golfers to play skillful positive shots to the green [imagine the pros hitting 6 irons into the 18th green]. The approach slopes are enough of a hazard.
Perhaps a couple of fairway bunkers like the left side tee shot at 18th at Wentworth
Stop choosing crazy pin positions.
Over the years they have contrived to make the hole unplayable
Are you filling the road hole bunker in? If you are making it shorter why would you fill the bunker as well