Professional Golf 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't see how MacIntyre played the 17th, but I wondered if his moan was just due to being left-handed. A lot of pros can't hit a draw with the modern drivers. All the right-handed players seem to hit an easy fade round the hotel on that hole to get position, whereas perhaps Bob wasn't able to do that.

Judging by this graphic it looks like he simply missed the green in the worst place to end up making double:
1728379738462.png

Missed it even further left the day after.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didn't see how MacIntyre played the 17th, but I wondered if his moan was just due to being left-handed. A lot of pros can't hit a draw with the modern drivers. All the right-handed players seem to hit an easy fade round the hotel on that hole to get position, whereas perhaps Bob wasn't able to do that.

Judging by this graphic it looks like he simply missed the green in the worst place to end up making double:
View attachment 55297

Missed it even further left the day after.
That is an unplayable pin position whichever way you intend to play it.
They are forcing the golfer to play to the safe areas and IMHO that is not how golf is intended to be played.

Absolute myth that easy pin positions favour poorer players.
Good players make birdies from easy pin positions whilst poorer players will always find 1000 different ways of mucking it up.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sergio now considering rejoining the DPWT so he can be eligible for Ryder Cup selection according to Luke Donald earlier.

I hope some people have their benzodiazepines handy…. :ROFLMAO:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Sergio now considering rejoining the DPWT so he can be eligible for Ryder Cup selection according to Luke Donald earlier.

I hope some people have their benzodiazepines handy…. :ROFLMAO:
Why ?

Prob not the best thing to make a joke about

So at least it looks like the players still need to be members of the DP tour to play in the RC

Going to cost him a lot of money but team has moved on from him now ( and others like Westwood , Poulter etc )

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I think it has, but if that’s what he thinks he needs to do to have a chance then who knows.
Donald might use him as a Vice.

As said above he’s not currently playing well enough to get in the team.
That maybe be a chance but potentially divisive

Can’t see Donald going to far different from the ones he picked last time

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Guys. Sergio is currently one of the top 12 European golfers (comfortably), he'd get a Ryder Cup place based on merit, without even factoring in his excellent Ryder Cup history.

There is no logical argument to suggest he isn't good enough to play on the team.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Guys. Sergio is currently one of the top 12 European golfers (comfortably), he'd get a Ryder Cup place based on merit, without even factoring in his excellent Ryder Cup history.

There is no logical argument to suggest he isn't good enough to play on the team.
Since when was he one of the top 12 European golfers

His last two appearances he had to rely on a pick and he hasn’t qualified on “merit” since 2016

And to get in on merit he will have to play a lot of events

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What’s an “accurate ranking system” ?

He hasn’t had a top ten major finish since 2017

He was around 50th when he went to Liv

I can tell you what isn’t an accurate ranking system Phil.

Begins with O followed by WG and is a load of ‘R’se

Sergio had a T-12 at the US Open - supposed to be the hardest of them all right?
4th on LIV over the season, he’s ranked 8th in Europe on Datagolf and 9th on TUGR.

The guy is playing class golf, and has experience that no other Ryder Cup player can match. Only a fool would leave him out of the selection conversation.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Tsk Mel, he finished 3rd just ahead of Hatton. 😉

Would depend on how he plays 1st half of 2025. And there is the issue that he's been out of sight for some, as this thread highlights.

TBH with the RC being a 'home side wins' event these days, fair play to any of them that want to try to play in front of the 'fans' at Bethpage.

Then again, Garcia has said similar before so we'll see if it turns into action this time.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I can tell you what isn’t an accurate ranking system Phil.

Begins with O followed by WG and is a load of ‘R’se

Sergio had a T-12 at the US Open - supposed to be the hardest of them all right?
4th on LIV over the season, he’s ranked 8th in Europe on Datagolf and 9th on TUGR.

The guy is playing class golf, and has experience that no other Ryder Cup player can match. Only a fool would leave him out of the selection conversation.

LIV , Data Golf , TuGR etc etc all irrelevant and meaningless as not one major or Ryder cup uses them

No top ten in 7 years in any major

Since he won the Master he has played in 25 majors - missed the cut 16 times

Even before LIV is rankings were sliding

Hasn’t qualified for a Ryder Cup on merit since 2016

If Garcia wants to qualify then he can try and gain enough points to qualify just like everyone else

But I don’t expect to see him at the 2025 Ryder Cup

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Tsk Mel, he finished 3rd just ahead of Hatton. 😉

Would depend on how he plays 1st half of 2025. And there is the issue that he's been out of sight for some, as this thread highlights.

TBH with the RC being a 'home side wins' event these days, fair play to any of them that want to try to play in front of the 'fans' at Bethpage.

Then again, Garcia has said similar before so we'll see if it turns into action this time.

Apologies, at least Hatton hasn't done much recently outside of LIV to suggest that Sergio's finishing position over the season was anything more than a fluke... :LOL:

PaulMdj

Visit site

I really couldn’t care about LiV or OWGR or any other Tour, all I want the top 12 Europeans at the next Ryder Cup on form and available to Donald.

If he or anyone else is on form they’ll be there by right.

Not all of us are interested in the politics of golf and which tour they play on.