Professional Golf 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The Dunhill Links is great.
The Sanderson Farms is terrible.

If the PGAT really want to support the DPWT as part of its strategic Alliance then stop events after the Fed Ex and encourage your top players to support TOP DPWT events like the BMW at Wentworth and the Dunhill at St Andrews.

What about all the players that have earned their card and playing rights on the DP tour ? Should they get pushed aside to bring in “pga stars” ?

Which was Fitzpatricks point

wjemather

Visit site
Tricky to determine who's done the best with 3 courses on play, but -9 by Hillier at Carnoustie is impressive.
Whilst that may typically the hardest, the scores maybe suggest Kingsbarns was the most tricky today.
The tour leaderboard is showing Friday's courses. Hillier was playing TOC. Rahm & Hatton were the best of the day at Carnoustie (-7). Kingsbarns was by far the easiest.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The Dunhill Links is great.
The Sanderson Farms is terrible.

If the PGAT really want to support the DPWT as part of its strategic Alliance then stop events after the Fed Ex and encourage your top players to support TOP DPWT events like the BMW at Wentworth and the Dunhill at St Andrews.

The simple answer to that is they don't want to, or there's not enough incentive for the players to do so.

It's getting some extra coverage this year of course due to various reasons, but it's always a great event that combines some serious golf with the participation of many household names - exactly the kind of event that golf should promote, whereby people who aren't really into the game can be engaged into watching it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If I had a criticism of the dunhill (& why not) there does appear to be a fair few AM spots (too many) going to family members of Pro’s. Seems like every other group is either family or corporate AM's
I'm sure its not really like that but the limited coverage I saw made it appear so

wjemather

Visit site
What about all the players that have earned their card and playing rights on the DP tour ? Should they get pushed aside to bring in “pga stars” ?

Which was Fitzpatricks point
They're missing out because the field size has reduced by more than 20 due to lack of daylight in late September/early October in Surrey, not because they've let a handful of Americans in.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I had a criticism of the dunhill (& why not) there does appear to be a fair few AM spots (too many) going to family members of Pro’s. Seems like every other group is either family or corporate AM's
I'm sure its not really like that but the limited coverage I saw made it appear so
I'm pretty sure that Rory turning up has a lot to do with playing with his old man. Same for a lot of them.
And tbh, I'd rather watch Mrs Fitzpatrick chopping it about than some random z-lister or corporate. At least you get a sense of where the golfer might have started out from.
If I had a gripe, it's the ridiculous sandbagging handicaps. Pretty sure JPMcmanus scored 45 points every year...

AussieKB

Visit site

DP World Tour players in line for 2025 PGA Tour card​

1. Thriston Lawrence
  2. Rasmus Hojgaard
  3. Matteo Manassero
  4. Jesper Svensson
  5. Niklas Norgaard
  6. Rikuya Hoshino
  7. Sebastian Soderberg
  8. Romain Langasque
  9. Tom McKibbin
  10. Guido Migliozzi

Red devil

Visit site

DP World Tour players in line for 2025 PGA Tour card​

1. Thriston Lawrence
  2. Rasmus Hojgaard
  3. Matteo Manassero
  4. Jesper Svensson
  5. Niklas Norgaard
  6. Rikuya Hoshino
  7. Sebastian Soderberg
  8. Romain Langasque
  9. Tom McKibbin
  10. Guido Migliozzi
Great news for Manassero. Been to hell and back

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The Dunhill Links coverage today is being punctuated by apologies from the commentators almost every other minute for the language being picked up by microphones.

It doesn’t help when Tyrrell Hatton and Bob MacIntyre are paired together, but I’ve never known so much swearing being overheard on a golf course.

Apart from when my regular playing partner has a dose of the unmentionables, that is.

cleveland52

Visit site
The simple answer to that is they don't want to, or there's not enough incentive for the players to do so.

It's getting some extra coverage this year of course due to various reasons, but it's always a great event that combines some serious golf with the participation of many household names - exactly the kind of event that golf should promote, whereby people who aren't really into the game can be engaged into watching it.
Totally agree.

cleveland52

Visit site
You shouldn't criticize that.....Golf is trying to promote that. IMO