Professional Golf 2024

D-S

Visit site
Nottinghamshire Ladies won the Women's equivalent last week šŸ‘
Yup good win in a tight finish vs Surrey, odd to have it at Stover but apparently the front 9 has been totally redesigned.
Have spent a lot of time caddying for Glos Ladies when they were regularly in the finals, winning it a few times too a few years ago back when it was over 5 days - a gruelling week.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So with Rahm playing I presume this goes someway towards him getting picked in European team for ryder cup. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

He'll get picked, I think he's already scheduled in the events he needs to be eligible to be honest. Not a bad start for him today, on the back of the new arrival to the family.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
At this moment he is eligible to play but there is the appeal ( which is allowing him to play ) and if as with the others he loses he will need to pay his fines to be able to play further events etc etc etc

And he'll just pay the fines - so he'll be playing.

There are very few people now who are holding off against the unification of golf back under one umbrella, and they don't hold a position of ongoing strength.

I suspect Rahm will have to pay a nominal fine as way of recognising he joined a 'rival tour', but it won't be of much significance other than a box ticking exercise.

Edit - just seen the post above - another reason Rahm will be in New York next year.. (y)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
And he'll just pay the fines - so he'll be playing.

There are very few people now who are holding off against the unification of golf back under one umbrella, and they don't hold a position of ongoing strength.

I suspect Rahm will have to pay a nominal fine as way of recognising he joined a 'rival tour', but it won't be of much significance other than a box ticking exercise.

Edit - just seen the post above - another reason Rahm will be in New York next year.. (y)

Nothing is guaranteed, he may not get enough points to qualify, Donald may not pick him long way to go for anything and that includes any ā€œunificationā€

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
True, although I'd happily back my opinions over yours on how things will unfold, with all due respect of course.

There is one way of looking at it - Rahm , Hatton etc clearly didnā€™t value the Ryder Cup that highly and Donald may well prefer to look at players more committed to the Ryder Cup and those showing support to the Tour

But will find out in 12 months

Back to the Presidents Cup

Going to be a whitewash this morning , itā€™s looking like the standard Presidents Cup of US steamroll to make they feel better