Professional Golf 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Do you ever wonder if you made bad choice predicting the rapid demise of LIV, Phil?
🤷‍♂️ strange response

Tour golf is a mess right now -

Completely split apart , viewing figures dropping all over the place and all down to greed from an unsustainable tour

Plenty of time for it all to implode in on itself

But most golf fans now have given up caring outside the majors - events pass by and most don’t really care

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It will go at some point

Will it though? Outside of a few tournaments, tour event crowds appear to be tailing off. But I’m not sure that really matters whilst Sky is showing sponsor’s banners in their coverage.

LIV events attract a younger demographic. When sponsor’s look to where their future customers will come from, will they shift their sponsorship to LIV?

I genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t rush to write LIV off.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think you are right, LIV isn't going to go away. Still bloody awful though.

I find a lot of PGAT events completely unwatchable - but I'm a golfer and fan of the game, as you are right?

Nothing wrong with having an alternative format that appeals to different people, infact, that's healthy for golf - tour golf doesn't represent the game we all play at amateur level in many aspects at all - it has it's place but it's not a good advert for people considering giving the game a try.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Will it though? Outside of a few tournaments, tour event crowds appear to be tailing off. But I’m not sure that really matters whilst Sky is showing sponsor’s banners in their coverage.

LIV events attract a younger demographic. When sponsor’s look to where their future customers will come from, will they shift their sponsorship to LIV?

I genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t rush to write LIV off.

Golf isn’t big enough or has a big enough audience to have two tours in the current format

The biggest market will always be the US - that’s the big corporate sponsers

Viewing figures are dropping significantly and they aren’t being picked up by LIV in any significant numbers

It’s running at huge losses that no corporate would pick up when it has small eyes on it

it’s why they want to have some sort of “merger” because they know its not good for the sport.

LIV in it’s current format will go imo - there maybe some form of team events financially backed by PIF imo

Sports don’t do well when there are splits - history tells us that

The good news is it has zero bearing on the grass roots game