Professional Golf 2024

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not an easy weekend for the PGAT as they have tried to sandwich a 72 hole event into 3 days, and Matt Kuchar doing them no favours by walking off on the 18th so he, and he alone, can finish his round in the morning.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Despite the fact that most people are supposedly not interested in the FedEx I thought it was really good, particularly the last round.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Despite the fact that most people are supposedly not interested in the FedEx I thought it was really good, particularly the last round.
In my opinion your take is a bit skewered. We were watching the St Jude Classic, a stand-alone golf tournament that turned out to be quite interesting.

The fact that it is a part of a series called the FedEx is neither here nor there. Anyone can choose to ignore this aspect of it (Nick Dougherty aside) which is what I do. All the announcers are busting a gut trying to convince us that the FedEx is exciting, but they are flogging a dead horse, it isn't, and therefore it is quite easy to tune out.

It's even easier if you mute the sound 😁

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In my opinion your take is a bit skewered. We were watching the St Jude Classic, a stand-alone golf tournament that turned out to be quite interesting.

The fact that it is a part of a series called the FedEx is neither here nor there. Anyone can choose to ignore this aspect of it (Nick Dougherty aside) which is what I do. All the announcers are busting a gut trying to convince us that the FedEx is exciting, but they are flogging a dead horse, it isn't, and therefore it is quite easy to tune out.

It's even easier if you mute the sound 😁

Yes, you are right. Must admit I was using the FedEx badge a bit loosely. Someone else on the forum implied most people are not interested in watching golf post majors. I don't agree as most of the world's top players are still fighting it out and the St Jude was certainly a good one.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes, you are right. Must admit I was using the FedEx badge a bit loosely. Someone else on the forum implied most people are not interested in watching golf post majors. I don't agree as most of the world's top players are still fighting it out and the St Jude was certainly a good one.
Thought it as a great last round and I will always watch a good contest irrespective of what it is so the Fedex bit an irrelevance to me