Professional Golf 2024

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Tremendous Golf from Fleetwood all week. He really deserved that, but 9 under 62 on the final day is tough to match. Been a brilliant competition all week. Crowds were great, all the players have been great. Victor Perez had a sensational day too. Been a magnificent watch. Congratulations Scottie Sheffler!
This and this again!

Fleetwood did not lose this, Scheffler won it. The 17th and 18th have played as the hardest holes all week and Tommy played them well, even that up and down to secure silver was a fantastic result. Tommy with a final round 66, in the final group on the final day of the Olympics just outdone by a robotic 62 (SIXTY TWO!!) from the worlds number one.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Superb coverage by Discovery. Very good commentary and best of all no fawning over Mcilroy. Yes, I'm talking about you Dougherty
All of the discovery Olympic coverage is good. To the detriment of our terrestrial channels, sadly.
I bought it for my dad, who has a surprising interest in winter sports (he's never partaken). The cycling coverage is excellent too (which we both watch).

sunshine

Visit site
That sums Tommy up. A great player, a great guy, but he just always seems to fall a little short at the end.

Bit harsh this time. He shot 66 in the final round, all four rounds in the 60s. Great golf just Sheffler stormed through.

Jon Rahm not used to playing 4 rounds any more :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Luke Donald giving himself the option to pick 6 plsyers for the 2025 Ryder Cup.

Sensible given the state of the OWGR right now.

We had six picks last time as well didn't we? Judging from the caption the only change is that they'll ignore the world ranking points now.

I said it as soon as he moved to LIV but they'll make whatever changes are necessary to allow Rahm to be picked anyway. And I suspect Hatton will be as well.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We had six picks last time as well didn't we? Judging from the caption the only change is that they'll ignore the world ranking points now.

I said it as soon as he moved to LIV but they'll make whatever changes are necessary to allow Rahm to be picked anyway. And I suspect Hatton will be as well.

We did, for some reason I was thinking it was 3.

Hopefully it encourages a few LIV players to stay on or rejoin the DPWT, and play in a few events.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
They still will need to be members of the DP and fulfill the obligations of that membership

Will cost them a lot of fines and end up playing prob more competitions than they did before

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not a player I'd noticed before but what a front 9 from Morgane Metraux in rd2
28 out with eight 3's and a 4