Ping G430 Max 10K

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Found this a really good comparison from Finchy. The Ping does very well despite getting no points in the 'looks' category, which I'd argue is possibly the least important - definitely most subjective and variable category. He even ranks it top for feel and sound, which is where people have been critical of older Pings.

Teebs

Visit site
I've hit pretty much all the new drivers on a FlightScope Sim. Unsurprising nothing much better than my 2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max.

Callaway Smoke Ai had marginally better spin numbers and the Cobra Dark Speed looks amazing but didn't perform any better tbh.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
At a fitting these days you almost need to discard the good hits and focus on the bad ones because, from the middle, all the drivers are going to be very similar.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At a fitting these days you almost need to discard the good hits and focus on the bad ones because, from the middle, all the drivers are going to be very similar.

100%!! At my fitting he held the two drivers up and said you came for a ping but the titliest is on average longer and dispersion is tighter than the ping so whilst the ping will still help over your old driver the titliest will ho more. But it was still left up to me incase on looks

I love the titliest, took it out today. Felt beautiful

Reactions: C&R

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Exactly this. You'll rarely get an extra 15 yards so it all becomes about dispersion over as large a number of shots as possible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, the point Finch made (and others have) is that normally the more forgiving versions of the clubs lose distance due to spin, but that doesn't happen with the 10k supposedly. If I get fitted this year I'd be surprised if it isn't longer than my G410 SFT to be honest.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well, the point Finch made (and others have) is that normally the more forgiving versions of the clubs lose distance due to spin, but that doesn't happen with the 10k supposedly. If I get fitted this year I'd be surprised if it isn't longer than my G410 SFT to be honest.
It will be longer.
When I changed from my G30 sft (the first ping with the stupidly named turbulators) to a Callaway Epic there was a good distance gain, especially into the wind.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think if I was buying, I would go to an independent because there may be a swing issue that can be compensated for via shaft and balance , the head is just protecting me from my poor striking

Fore Right

Visit site
What Driver were you previously playing?
Ping G425 Max.

I walked into the pro shop to buy a new glove and walked out with a new driver :oops:

They had one in exactly the same spec as my G425 so just went for it.

The face on the 10k is a little shallower so it needs teeing down a little and it doesnt have the tinny sound when you hit it like the G425.
Only used it for the 1st time yesterday and there is no run on the fairways but I really liked the flight on it when I hit it well.
Also a couple of ropey strikes still ended up in the fairway, so like many Ping drivers foregivness seems extremely good.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Ping G425 Max.

I walked into the pro shop to buy a new glove and walked out with a new driver :oops:

They had one in exactly the same spec as my G425 so just went for it.

The face on the 10k is a little shallower so it needs teeing down a little and it doesnt have the tinny sound when you hit it like the G425.
Only used it for the 1st time yesterday and there is no run on the fairways but I really liked the flight on it when I hit it well.
Also a couple of ropey strikes still ended up in the fairway, so like many Ping drivers foregivness seems extremely good.

Scratches head.

So you've gone from a high MOI Ping driver with a moveable weight to a high MOI Ping driver with a fixed weight?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I borrowed one from the pro shop at the weekend....
2 takeaways -

1) it was very forgiving and a very reliable flight
2) it was very loud, even by Ping standards. Playing partner's 'normal' G430 sounded much better

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, sold that one. It was a Ping G10.
Newest ones are two Cobra F Speed drivers. I think they date from 2004/5.
10.5° Regular bought in 2010 for £25 and a 9° Stiff bought more recently for £26.

View attachment 51649
You do realise that it would probably be cheaper to buy a brand new driver today and then not buy another until they are as old as pictured, than to keep buying lots of old ones? ;)