(Stealth Driver) Carbonwood Tech - Gimmick or Replacement for Titanium?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Was speaking to a mate who works in one of the pro shops in town. Had tried one and didn't like it. He's a decent player off +3 and said there was no difference in feel between the middle and an off centre hit. Anyone else found this that's tried one?

It is a little harder to feel where on the face you hit it but I could still tell where it was. I was more concerned with the results than how it feels on different parts of the face though & for me it out-performed my SIM2 but that may not be the case for everyone. One of my friends tried the new drivers from Cobra, Callaway & Taylormade this weekend & he got the best results from the Cobra. I had a go with the Cobra on Sunday & didn't get on with it, just shows what's right for one person isn't going to be right for another

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Took the Stealth for it's first outing to The Beeches Trackman Range tonight. It's definitely more forgiving than my SIM2, I hit a couple of ropey ones that did well.
Best one I hit though was this little beauty
Screenshot_20220208-211443.jpg

Looking forward to getting out on the course with it this weekend all being well.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was speaking to a mate who works in one of the pro shops in town. Had tried one and didn't like it. He's a decent player off +3 and said there was no difference in feel between the middle and an off centre hit. Anyone else found this that's tried one?

Although I don’t think I would like the feel of that, it does make sense that if it’s designed to make off centre strikes produce the same result then having off centre strikes feel the same sounds like it’s working.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone found when sat down at address the face closes on the standard setting (plus).

I worked it out, and took my grip in the air. But it was hook city 3 drives before that!

Yes.

I’ve bought an 8 degree and that looks slightly closed of square at address, knocked it down to 6.5 degree and it sits what appears to be slightly open at address.

I think that’s why it worked for me. I could set the loft nice and low and my spin numbers were consistent and lower, have the face appear open which is confidence inspiring for me as my bad shoot is a hook. Played with weight bias settings against trackman to get my face closure at its most consistent. Once I was dialled in I took the demo on the course and played 18 and missed one fairway by a couple yards. Felt like point and shoot for me however I’m sure that will wear off now I’ve pulled the trigger.

Tried the new callaway LS variant and that was equally as good, I just seemed to consistently spin the stealth plus less. Some will want that, some won’t.

Boomy

Visit site
Having tried the new Cobra driver today I have to say (for me) it blew the Callaway and Stealth (and my Ping G400) out of the water. It’s so forgiving on off centre hits, sits nice at address, is visually non offensive and sounds beaut… very tempted by it. Booking in to test fully on a trackman session ??