Ping G430 Max 10K

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ping G425 Max.

I walked into the pro shop to buy a new glove and walked out with a new driver :oops:

They had one in exactly the same spec as my G425 so just went for it.

The face on the 10k is a little shallower so it needs teeing down a little and it doesnt have the tinny sound when you hit it like the G425.
Only used it for the 1st time yesterday and there is no run on the fairways but I really liked the flight on it when I hit it well.
Also a couple of ropey strikes still ended up in the fairway, so like many Ping drivers foregivness seems extremely good.

Very interesting, thanks for the reply.
How do you rate the sound compared to the G425, though this sounded like a saucepan

Fore Right

Visit site
Very interesting, thanks for the reply.
How do you rate the sound compared to the G425, though this sounded like a saucepan

That is the one massive improvement straight away , the sound is miles better.
It couldnt get much worse than the G425 even though I got used to it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is the one massive improvement straight away , the sound is miles better.
It couldnt get much worse than the G425 even though I got used to it.

Agreed the 425 is one of the worst sounding drivers I ever heard. The results were good but always sounded so horrid (a lot of my society had them)

But then the 430 sounded amazing

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
You do realise that it would probably be cheaper to buy a brand new driver today and then not buy another until they are as old as pictured, than to keep buying lots of old ones? ;)
No, because that is not how it has been for me.
I buy old clubs, keep some and sell some at a profit after cleaning up. Done this for nearly 3 years now.
Nett spending has been minimal.
I have bought "lots of old ones" but cost per driver would be in pennies not pounds when the sales are taken into account.
With a few more sales soon, I hope to get to a nett zero or close.

How much have you spent on clubs in the last 3 years? ;)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I buy old clubs, keep some and sell some at a profit after cleaning up. Done this for nearly 3 years now.
I have bought "lots of old ones" but cost per driver would be in pennies not pounds when the sales are taken into account.

Not as much as a lot on here 🤣

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I’m taking the fifth !
incase I incriminate myself 😳

Fore Right

Visit site
Went to the range last night to give it a good session on the trackman.

I dont take a huge amount of interest in the numbers at this time of year because I never feel like im swinging my best due to lack of reps.

I bought the 10.5 degree and it was launching a little high so we altered the sleeve to reduce the loft slightly which helped.
The one noticeable difference was the spin which was always between 1800-2200.
With my G425 Max I did get the more than occasional high spinny one which I didnt seem to get with the 10k.

Also its a beautiful looking thing behind the ball which I always feel is important for confidence.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine was fitted for one yesterday. £549 later he is stood on the first tee This morning. Teed it up and promptly knobbed it 30 yds. 12 lads wetting themselves laughing. Played his second shot from the rough, teed it up ( allowed to move it 6”) and promptly pulled it 60 yds left onto the second fairway. Suffice to say the laughter went up a notch.
I asked how he went on with it after the round. He told me that when he was stood on the 18th he told the club that if it is another knobbed tee shot it is on eBay. He promptly smashed it straight down the middle as far as he has ever hit one. 😁

Fore Right

Visit site
A pal of mine was fitted for one yesterday. £549 later he is stood on the first tee This morning. Teed it up and promptly knobbed it 30 yds. 12 lads wetting themselves laughing. Played his second shot from the rough, teed it up ( allowed to move it 6”) and promptly pulled it 60 yds left onto the second fairway. Suffice to say the laughter went up a notch.
I asked how he went on with it after the round. He told me that when he was stood on the 18th he told the club that if it is another knobbed tee shot it is on eBay. He promptly smashed it straight down the middle as far as he has ever hit one. 😁
I think the Indian is the problem not the arrow 😁

Tashyboy

Visit site
A quick update, me pal has played with his Ping driver again today. I asked after the round how he went on. He is not a happy bunny. It went in the naughty corner in his bag after 9 holes. He played the back nine with his old driver and played a lot lot better. He has told the club pro that £549 lighter he is not a happy bunny. The Pro has booked him in a for a lesson. 😳

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A quick update, me pal has played with his Ping driver again today. I asked after the round how he went on. He is not a happy bunny. It went in the naughty corner in his bag after 9 holes. He played the back nine with his old driver and played a lot lot better. He has told the club pro that £549 lighter he is not a happy bunny. The Pro has booked him in a for a lesson. 😳
Did he get a proper fitting? More full them if not.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's amazing how different stories can be

Since being fit for mine (titliest) my driving is strong again because I'm not fighting too much spin I'm just getting better flight

Sure they miss still but longer and less wide

Into wind I haven't been teeing down it's just worked

Really thanked my pro for the decent fitting he did

Tashyboy

Visit site
Did he get a proper fitting? More full them if not.
Yeah he did, he went to the assistant pro who is going to give him the lesson. He has used him on numerous occasions so had no hesitation in going back to him. His old driver is set up at 9.5 degrees, the new club 10.5.q. He was raving about its distance and dispersion on Tuesday. Today he is just raving 😖

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah he did, he went to the assistant pro who is going to give him the lesson. He has used him on numerous occasions so had no hesitation in going back to him. His old driver is set up at 9.5 degrees, the new club 10.5.q. He was raving about its distance and dispersion on Tuesday. Today he is just raving 😖

Was he fit on a monitor etc or just blind

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was he fit on a monitor etc or just blind
I have a mate who was properly fit into a driver last year on the basis of a full gcquad session. All the numbers were perfect etc etc.
On an actual golf course, he just couldn't get it to work. It was a low spin head and I don't think he had the same swing speed in real life as on the monitor. So too little spin with amusing (for us) results.
The pro swapped it for a max head and all's well in his world.
For all the numbers in the world, if I was paying full retail on a driver I think I'd like to take a demo version onto a golf course. After all, that's where it's going to have to perform.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a mate who was properly fit into a driver last year on the basis of a full gcquad session. All the numbers were perfect etc etc.
On an actual golf course, he just couldn't get it to work. It was a low spin head and I don't think he had the same swing speed in real life as on the monitor. So too little spin with amusing (for us) results.
For all the numbers in the world, if I was paying full retail on a driver I think I'd like to take a demo version onto a golf course. After all, that's where it's going to have to perform.

Ah see I had the fitting with my pro who gives me lessons, he is a fitter, my driver spin levels have always been too high he's been on at me to get a low lofted low spin head for a while

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I always play several rounds with a demo before getting fitted.