Ping G430 Max 10K

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This driver seems to be getting amazing reviews from a lot of testers.
It seems to have everything, low spin, massive forgiveness, great distance and dispersion.
Based on the reviews it’s like a driver that will never be beaten.
So has anyone switched to the 430
Max 10k and noticed significant improvements.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This driver seems to be getting amazing reviews from a lot of testers.
It seems to have everything, low spin, massive forgiveness, great distance and dispersion.
Based on the reviews it’s like a driver that will never be beaten.
So has anyone switched to the 430
Max 10k and noticed significant improvements.
Think I am right in saying the Ping G410 also achieved 10K MOI - definitely stated in the Crossfield review

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No but i'm going to have a bash of all the latest drivers in a few weeks time once the initial rush for orders after release has died down. 2024 will be a year of revolution in my golf bag. Just waiting for my new irons to arrive to determine how best the work the transition into wedges and woods. Might as well have a new driver whilst i'm at it!!!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think I am right in saying the Ping G410 also achieved 10K MOI - definitely stated in the Crossfield review
Yes and no. Only in a particular config of shaft I think. Latest, beats 10k no matter the setup.
Its meaningless though. They are just making an advertising virtue about exceeding an arbitrary number.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed - the reviewers seem to be running out of superlatives for it. A driver that universally suits every golfer, somehow. Probably the most glowing reviews I've ever heard for a driver.

My current driver is the G410 SFT, it's coming up to 5 years old so I was planning to have a fitting later this year and upgrade. Will certainly be trying the 10k amongst whatever else the fitter wants to hand me. Hoping the price will have gone down a bit by my birthday in September because the current price is insanity.

Ping are normally not the worst culprits for this to be fair, but wouldn't you be annoyed if you got fitted and bought a G430 Max near the end of last year? I'm not sure why they've stuck with the G430 name and just tapped '10k' on the end of it - makes it feel like the original G430 Max was simply a work in progress.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The thing is, this the first no compromise 10k as in the others were not as long as the less forgiving competition other stuff.
From what I can gather the Titleist TR3 is the best for fastest ball speeds , it’s just you need to be consistent with it.
In the end though what’s a few yards here and there … spending money like this is not sustainable. Any one seen the new deals on Druids ? 🤭

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agreed - the reviewers seem to be running out of superlatives for it. A driver that universally suits every golfer, somehow. Probably the most glowing reviews I've ever heard for a driver.

My current driver is the G410 SFT, it's coming up to 5 years old so I was planning to have a fitting later this year and upgrade. Will certainly be trying the 10k amongst whatever else the fitter wants to hand me. Hoping the price will have gone down a bit by my birthday in September because the current price is insanity.

Ping are normally not the worst culprits for this to be fair, but wouldn't you be annoyed if you got fitted and bought a G430 Max near the end of last year? I'm not sure why they've stuck with the G430 name and just tapped '10k' on the end of it - makes it feel like the original G430 Max was simply a work in progress.

That was my current driver 6 years old and very forgiving, after a heads up on here I got a new PXG driver before Xmas for £199

I’ve not been able to try it out yet because of weather and being away at sea for 3 weeks, I managed to get it in same shaft and 1inch shorter

See shortly how it compares with the Ping which to be honest I’m not expecting to be much difference distance wise.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The G400 max was like cheating. It didn’t seem to matter how it was hit, it went not too far from the fairway and the same distance shot after shot.

But, it wasn’t very long due to the spin it created.

If Ing have overcome that then they are on to a winner.

It’s just a shame about the way it looks. It doesn’t sit nicely behind the ball to my eye.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The G400 max was like cheating. It didn’t seem to matter how it was hit, it went not too far from the fairway and the same distance shot after shot.

But, it wasn’t very long due to the spin it created.

If Ing have overcome that then they are on to a winner.

It’s just a shame about the way it looks. It doesn’t sit nicely behind the ball to my eye.
I've not seen it in the flesh but a lot of the reviews are saying it has a more elongated head? Is that you're referring to, or is the Turbulators™ you don't like? 😄

BiMGuy

Visit site
I've not seen it in the flesh but a lot of the reviews are saying it has a more elongated head? Is that you're referring to, or is the Turbulators™ you don't like? 😄
All of the above. I did have a mini fitting with the current Max just for fun but couldn’t get on with it.

I much prefer my TSi3. She’s very pretty.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All of the above. I did have a mini fitting with the current Max just for fun but couldn’t get on with it.

I much prefer my TSi3. She’s very pretty.
I've always been more of a "if it smashes the ball far and straight I don't care what it looks or sounds like" kind of guy. Plus I've owned three Ping drivers already so I'm used to them. 😁

BiMGuy

Visit site
I've always been more of a "if it smashes the ball far and straight I don't care what it looks or sounds like" kind of guy. Plus I've owned three Ping drivers already so I'm used to them. 😁
I am generally like that, but I just don’t like the way it sits, makes me uncomfortable. I have the same problem with most Callaway woods. Just can’t get on with the shape of them.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

The new one should be longer than the sft as those are high spinning.
If you want help to stop a cut, go for the regular g430 max as it has a moveable weight that can be moved towards the heel.

I have the g430 lst, a very forgiving driver for being low spin.