Ping G430 Max 10K

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
That post is basically all nonsense.

All authorised fitters of all brands can only order custom fit in the current model.

If they are custom fitting the 430 it's because they're authorised to by Ping, nothing to do with any made up opinions.
Tell me you don’t know about Precision Golf without telling me you don’t know about Precision Golf

D

Deleted member 35504

Tell me you don’t know about Precision Golf without telling me you don’t know about Precision Golf
Anywhere that has heads and shafts on site that they can match up, can obviously sell.

My point is that no retailer can custom fit for a model that is not current and then order it from the manufacturer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried the Ping 10k today.
I found it lacking in feedback.
It’s impossible to feel where you hit it in the head.
It’s very forgiving there’s no dought about that.

I found it quite short on some drives that I never middled .
I will give it another go in the week but did find the G430 max better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried the Ping 10k today.
I found it lacking in feedback.
It’s impossible to feel where you hit it in the head.
It’s very forgiving there’s no dought about that.

I found it quite short on some drives that I never middled .
I will give it another go in the week but did find the G430 max better.
How do you know?

Burnsey

Visit site
I've not read all the thread, but my experience...

I've used the G430 max, 10.5 degree plus 1 degree, regular Alta CB shaft for over a year now and found it the best driver for me in terms of everything.

Yes, when I get giddy and speed up I can slice it, but even that reduced to an almost acceptable fade.

Not one for simulators and driving rages (I use the course practice areas) I took a demo club of the same spec (set 10.5 degrees) out on the back nine this week.

When I returned it, I bought one and played a full round yesterday.

Looks are fine to me. Have to tee it lower due to thinner top to bottom profile, but jeez, it launches high (!), sounds fabulous and I am gaining distance and dispersion is better. No actual stats yet, being on the course, but I'd say a good ten yards. My miss hit tends to be off the toe, but it worked overall really well. I'm playing later, so going to drop it to 9 degrees to see how it performs.

Cost is a pain in golf, but swapping with my club thrown in cost me £250, which was ok (ish). Worst driver head cover on the market.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've used the G430 max, 10.5 degree plus 1 degree, regular Alta CB shaft for over a year now and found it the best driver for me in terms of everything.

Yes, when I get giddy and speed up I can slice it, but even that reduced to an almost acceptable fade.

Not one for simulators and driving rages (I use the course practice areas) I took a demo club of the same spec (set 10.5 degrees) out on the back nine this week.

Looks are fine to me. Have to tee it lower due to thinner top to bottom profile, but jeez, it launches high (!), sounds fabulous and I am gaining distance and dispersion is better. No actual stats yet, being on the course, but I'd say a good ten yards. My miss hit tends to be off the toe, but it worked overall really well. I'm playing later, so going to drop it to 9 degrees to see how it performs.

Cost is a pain in golf, but swapping with my club thrown in cost me £250, which was ok (ish). Worst driver head cover on the market.

Treat yourself to a novelty head cover that you like. (I've had my west ham for past 4 drivers now) And then when you change you have a head cover you like plus when you sell the driver long term you have a brand new headcover to go with it

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I said this about my 430. No sleeve on the head cover to protect the shaft from rub. Missis T sewed me a footie sock on. How can Ping overlook something so simple as that.

Burnsey

Visit site
Treat yourself to a novelty head cover that you like. (I've had my west ham for past 4 drivers now) And then when you change you have a head cover you like plus when you sell the driver long term you have a brand new headcover to go with it
I said this about my 430. No sleeve on the head cover to protect the shaft from rub. Missis T sewed me a footie sock on. How can Ping overlook something so simple as that.

I should have said, I've never used the Ping headcover. I have a Callaway sock with a bobble on it. The TaylorMade headcover I have on my 3 wood out trumps everything else in the bag. Well, the putter cover isn't bad either :cool:

IMG_2738.jpg

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That two manufacturers this year went tge route of summing two tecnical measurements to breach a marketable milestone shows how lacking in any real improvement both are. But marketing needs a story, slogan, pseudo tech terminology, to catch the uncritical and unscientific, in their net. Both have done a good job.