Ping G430 Max 10K

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new one should be longer than the sft as those are high spinning.
If you want help to stop a cut, go for the regular g430 max as it has a moveable weight that can be moved towards the heel.

I have the g430 lst, a very forgiving driver for being low spin.
I could be wrong of course but I hope my swing is better now than when I was fitted for the SFT 4.5 years ago. I hit as many left as I do right now anyway. 😂

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I checked out a few reviews after seeing this - I've avoided any and all up to this point. It definitely sounds intriguing but at £549+, it's a hard pass from me, no matter how good it is.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I checked out a few reviews after seeing this - I've avoided any and all up to this point. It definitely sounds intriguing but at £549+, it's a hard pass from me, no matter how good it is.
The sad fact is they're all that much now. If you want to get fitted for a new driver that's what you have to pay. 🙁

Personally I'm going to wait til my birthday in September, get my parents and wife to chip and probably sell my old driver towards it afterwards as well. That's about all I can do to manage the cost!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
£549 for 1 golf club is crazy.
Unless £549 is nothing to you.
If you play off double figures you’d be better off buying a 2nd hand ping Max driver & getting a few lessons.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a driver fitting booked in early Feb, this will certainly be on my list of potential replacements for my Stealth 2
Stealth 2 didn't last long. I tried it and hated it.
For me the 2 Stealth drivers were not as good as the SiM or SiM2.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The sad fact is they're all that much now. If you want to get fitted for a new driver that's what you have to pay. 🙁

Personally I'm going to wait til my birthday in September, get my parents and wife to chip and probably sell my old driver towards it afterwards as well. That's about all I can do to manage the cost!

Just imagine the cost of you get fitted into an exotic shaft too. Could be another 50% on top of that

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Yes, my SIM 2 broke and they replaced it with a Stealth 2, never felt comfortable with it, so cashing in on it now while it has some resale value

My mate tends to win a couple of Taylormade's latest offering every year (longest drive comps at his Company's golf days). When I saw he had the stealth 2 in the bag I asked him what he thought of it - he described it as a "cruel mistress" 😂.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could be wrong of course but I hope my swing is better now than when I was fitted for the SFT 4.5 years ago. I hit as many left as I do right now anyway. 😂

We didn't go for the sft in my fit in the end as he said it won't last you as long as you could outgrow it , where as low spin I won't outgrow lol

Arrived mid SIM session yesterday, was a thing of beauty

RichA

Visit site
The G400 max was like cheating. It didn’t seem to matter how it was hit, it went not too far from the fairway and the same distance shot after shot.

But, it wasn’t very long due to the spin it created.

If Ing have overcome that then they are on to a winner.

It’s just a shame about the way it looks. It doesn’t sit nicely behind the ball to my eye.
I swapped from TM M2 to Ping G400 Max last year.
I could definitely hit the M2 further but the G400 is almost always in play. I'm retiring golf balls more often than I'm losing them now.
For the first time in my golfing life there's a club in my bag that doesn't get swapped around every few rounds.

Albo

Visit site
My mate tends to win a couple of Taylormade's latest offering every year (longest drive comps at his Company's golf days). When I saw he had the stealth 2 in the bag I asked him what he thought of it - he described it as a "cruel mistress" 😂.
😂 I can most definitely relate!
Don’t get me wrong, a bad swing is a bad swing and no driver is going to fix that, but I find myself fighting hard against off centre strikes, harder than the SIM 2 that’s for sure

Kennysarmy

Visit site

In two years time there will be something longer, straighter and more forgiving.