Opens 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Booked in for my first opens of the year

The Easter Challenge at Saunton on Easter Monday and the Easter Medal at RND the day before

Lincolnshire Swing booked in as well

Some great opens this year it looks like

Recommend looking at the NCG Tour - some great value ones

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Me and my mate are looking at doing at least one a month But I think we need to pull our fingers out and actually get them booked.

So far we've got one at Stockport in July and we're looking at entering the Rotary Open at Silloth in July. Fingers will be on the trigger on Monday when booking for that goes live.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for the NW, preferably weekends or Fridays?

D

Deleted member 21258

Going for:-

Enville (cant wait, as heard so many good things about the course)
Beau Desert

May try to get back and do one at Ashbourne and will do a few of the guest days this year at the away clubs.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play in a lot of singles in Scotland and have booked Ladybank, Leven Links, Golspie and Tain and hoping for Crail. unfortunately Royal Dornoch is now balloted which is a pain as I have booked accommodation

Sure the majority book via Golf Empire. This is a tip and is very useful. Become a premium member £4.99. The benefit being if you are looking for a particular date say 1st July you can go to the calendar and ALL competitions on that date are shown.Paying £4.99 is an absolute bargain as it saves so much time.

Last edited:

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Got Walmley, Hallamshire, Cavendish, Tadmartin Heath, Whittington Heath, Beau Desert, Burford, Shifnal and Copt Heath booked so far and expect to do a further half a dozen or so. Always fancied tour life:ROFLMAO:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a few booked for a bit as they were filling up pretty quick in the senior sections, SAOL, Hesketh, Wallasey, Chester, Aberdovey, Hillside and Conwy booked so far.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I play in a lot of singles in Scotland and have booked Ladybank, Leven Links, Golspie and Tain and hoping for Crail. unfortunately Royal Dornoch is now balloted which is a pain as I have booked accommodation

Sure the majority book via Golf Empire. This is a tip and is very useful. Become a premium member £4.99. The benefit being if you are looking for a particular date say 1st July you can go to the calendar and ALL competitions on that date are shown.

How did you get Ladybank booked? It doesn't open till Monday.

Edit - Assumption maybe Seniors open?

D

Deleted member 25172

Saunton and Royal North Devon booked in for Easter. Fun playing 3 courses I’ve never been to before!

Waiting for Princes to announce their May bank holiday 36-hole comp (which this year is said to be in June).

Other than that it probably won’t be many more.

Possibly South Herts 36-hole as it’s in my area.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got Walmley, Hallamshire, Cavendish, Tadmartin Heath, Whittington Heath, Beau Desert, Burford, Shifnal and Copt Heath booked so far and expect to do a further half a dozen or so. Always fancied tour life:ROFLMAO:
Top course that one ;);) What time are you playing might be around depending on which one it is

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yours, I assume?. My first time, so any hints would be greatly appreciated. Tee time is 13:50 on the 13 July. Do say hello if you are around.
Indeed yes :) Greens Director there and your date is just 10 days before Club Champs . We've a new Course manager so course should be in great condition for you . Alas probably wont be around as 2nd day of Midland Seniors down in Herefordshire , have a great day and if you fancy a knock before hand , happy to sign you in (y)

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Indeed yes :) Greens Director there and your date is just 10 days before Club Champs . We've a new Course manager so course should be in great condition for you . Alas probably wont be around as 2nd day of Midland Seniors down in Herefordshire , have a great day and if you fancy a knock before hand , happy to sign you in (y)
I'll know who to blame for my poor round:ROFLMAO:. Thanks for the kind offer, probably won't take you up as its a good journey from Leicestershire. Good luck in the Midlands Senior's, played in it last year at Burton on Trent, decided to get a new track in though this time rather than play a course I was not overly keen on. Intend to play in the Pairs though at Gog Magog.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Me and my mate are looking at doing at least one a month But I think we need to pull our fingers out and actually get them booked.

So far we've got one at Stockport in July and we're looking at entering the Rotary Open at Silloth in July. Fingers will be on the trigger on Monday when booking for that goes live.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for the NW, preferably weekends or Fridays?
So long as I get in to the Silloth one too, I won't hate you! ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll know who to blame for my poor round:ROFLMAO:. Thanks for the kind offer, probably won't take you up as its a good journey from Leicestershire. Good luck in the Midlands Senior's, played in it last year at Burton on Trent, decided to get a new track in though this time rather than play a course I was not overly keen on. Intend to play in the Pairs though at Gog Magog.
?
If we weren't the host County I'd probably not go either as can get very hard an d bouncy in the summer.
Yup will be going down to Gog Magog for the Pairs, 8 of us will do an overnighter with practice round day before.
Do you play any games for the County?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Sure the majority book via Golf Empire. This is a tip and is very useful. Become a premium member £4.99. The benefit being if you are looking for a particular date say 1st July you can go to the calendar and ALL competitions on that date are shown.Paying £4.99 is an absolute bargain as it saves so much time.
I'd highly recommend West Lothian. I'm going back for a 3rd time this year . An absolute bargain and well worth the trip.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Was hoping to play in a few opens this year. But most over this way are either seniors or mixed pairs events.