Open Competitions 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

D

Deleted member 17920

It is a pity there are not more opens at big courses for lesser golfers.
Eden Tournament

Tassie at Carnoustie

Both good examples, you have zero chance in the south of England though for a decent price open on a top course.

D

Deleted member 25172

Yes, something like 0.1 got in, I was balloted out on 0.2 I think. I subsequently went back down to the number, told them and went to 1st reserve of about 75.
A couple of days before the event I just withdrew as I'd booked holiday and wanted to make plans, plus I didn't want to be the worst player ?.

I'd have no problem being the worst player if I get to play 4 rounds at Sunningdale for £125 if I had the chance. Go for it this year!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'd have no problem being the worst player if I get to play 4 rounds at Sunningdale for £125 if I had the chance. Go for it this year!
The only downside (if such a thing exists when it comes to playing Sunningdale) is that all rounds are on the New, you don't get to play the Old.

D

Deleted member 25172

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but it's not 4 social rounds where you just take in the course and enjoy it.

A practice round then 36 holes medal in one day, then top 30 make the cut for the Saturday.

So guaranteed 54 holes but not my idea of fun anymore really.

Fair enough!

The only downside (if such a thing exists when it comes to playing Sunningdale) is that all rounds are on the New, you don't get to play the Old.

I think that this could go under the category "first world problems". :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far I’ve got
Appleby - good Friday
Northcliffe 36 hole event
Roxburghe
I played Roxburghe with MiB last year in an Open. I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat thinking about the back 9 into a very strong wind ?. Getting past that, it was good value and a proper course. A good choice ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Have now entered the Pairs Open at Beau Desert in June

D

Deleted member 21258

Have now entered the Pairs Open at Beau Desert in June

If you haven't played it for a few years, its going to look a lot different to back then. Its been going back more to Heathland, more open and lots of course changes in the plan to improve it and make it more challenging (in the future).

Some pictures here :-

Beau Desert Golf Club (@BeauDesertGolf) / Twitter

Enjoy the game, the greens:D and hope it goes forward.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots planned, it's to be seen how many actually happen......
Fixby - Huddersfield
MoorAllerton - probs the best test of golf in Yorkshire, for the average player
Stockport
Lindrick
Pannal
Brancepath Castle - the best parkland Club course in the NE
Seaton Carew - loads of investment & new green-keeper is leading to great improvements.
Scarcroft
Wetherby
Woodhall Spa - Hotchkin & also the Bracken hopefully if I can make it through the EG Senior Series