Open Competitions 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I always play 3 opens in in July in Kent really going to miss them this year as I’m not going to enter.

Even if they go ahead I won’t feel confident flying down and mixing.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've had to book annual leave at the end of March, use it or lose it basically.
Hunstanton 36 hole mid am looks good but my gut feeling is it's too soon after lockdown unfortunately.
I thought about that one too but agree that it might not go ahead. Would also involve a night in a hotel for me.

AliMc

Visit site
I played Roxburghe with MiB last year in an Open. I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat thinking about the back 9 into a very strong wind ?. Getting past that, it was good value and a proper course. A good choice ?
Agreed about The Roxburghe, went down with a mate last year under our reciprocal agreement and played off the blue tees, into the wind on 16, didn't even reach the cross bunkers, before the fairway starts and I'm a reasonable ball striker, great course though ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I believe I saw your name on another entry list though in the far north west...?
It looked inviting until I found it on a map ?
Yeah I've entered the British and Welsh, fancy either of them?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I've decided to not book anything this year unless things change a lot.

I might get my jab around easter time, but I'm going to still avoid stuff I don't really need to do until I feel it is OK.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bedlingtonshire, June 6th, 4BBB. £8 per person, yes £8. Unsurprisingly there is only one slot left. A well regarded club near to me that I haven't played before so I'm looking forward to it.

One observation that I would make if anyone organises these at their club. It is so much easier to book Opens via online booking systems. The old school ones where you send a cheque in, you don't know what time slots are available etc just put up too many barriers. I was originally looking to book a 4 ball at a very nice Co. Durham based club but they are not answering calls or emails, I can't check what is available so instead we booked the open above. I know clubs are closed right now but with an online system you are still operating, everyone can see what is available.

D

Deleted member 3432

Bedlingtonshire, June 6th, 4BBB. £8 per person, yes £8. Unsurprisingly there is only one slot left. A well regarded club near to me that I haven't played before so I'm looking forward to it.

One observation that I would make if anyone organises these at their club. It is so much easier to book Opens via online booking systems. The old school ones where you send a cheque in, you don't know what time slots are available etc just put up too many barriers. I was originally looking to book a 4 ball at a very nice Co. Durham based club but they are not answering calls or emails, I can't check what is available so instead we booked the open above. I know clubs are closed right now but with an online system you are still operating, everyone can see what is available.

We have closed our booking system for Open entries until golf restarts and the club can make a decision on which if any Opens will be played this season. Club cancelled all Opens last year to allow members to catch up on missed golf.

Seems pointless to take entries when we have no idea when we can get out to play and under what restrictions we will be playing under.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have closed our booking system for Open entries until golf restarts and the club can make a decision on which if any Opens will be played this season. Club cancelled all Opens last year to allow members to catch up on missed golf.

Seems pointless to take entries when we have no idea when we can get out to play and under what restrictions we will be playing under.

Can't see many (if any at all) open comps going ahead until Summer at the earliest.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

They ran full steam on the whole over here last year, once lockdown 1 was lifted. I have 3 due in May which I can see could be problematic but June onwards I am feeling pretty confident about. So confident I've just booked another senior one At West Lothian GC for July. £12 each and playing off the yellows. What is not to love about that?

D

Deleted member 15344

? gutted - just had to cancel my Open entries at Royal North Devon and Saunton Sands at Easter

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing 4BBB Mashie Pairs opens at Foxhills and The Addington, in April and May.

I really like the Longcross Course at Foxhills, but I haven't played The Addington.