Open Competitions 2021

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Wouldn't like to be a GM of a club that holds an Open on the 29 March or very shortly after that date :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is what I was thinking. Judging by the reaction to the last lockdown everyone will be clamoring to play and I would guess the majority don't want their first taste of golf in any way restricted by a competition.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Just booked for my dad and me to play an open at Brancepeth Castle on 30th May. Never played there before but have heard decent things about it.

Looks to have some challenging par 3's.
It is a hugely well regarded course / club. Pretty tough I believe, I have not played it but plenty on here have and describe it that way. It's on my list of courses to play up here, I'm sure you will both enjoy it.

Crow

Crow Person
Why can’t an Open start from 29th March ?

If we can play 4balls from the 29th March there is nothing stopped Opens from continuing

I’m having to pull out of two because to play in them meant I would have had to stay overnight in a hotel and that’s currently not allowed until the 17th May

So the Opens will go ahead with people travelling on the day - arrive , play in a 4ball then go home once finished

No different to any of us just booked into a tee time at your home club
Corrected that for you.

Robobum

Money List Winner

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
We played there in a strong wind just before this current lockdow. It’s a fun course with stunning views.
Some really good holes but some nothing holes too. Well worth the one visit 👍
Make sure your clutch is in good condition before driving up the entrance road 😲
Going up for this with the other half, might take her car :ROFLMAO:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Saunton Easter Challenge & Saunders Cup @ Trevose both cancelled

The Easter medals @ RND are still plann to go ahead

Zig

Yes, I believe you need to drive across a valley a few times (valley is too dramatic but i can't think of the right description). Definitely one where your tee shots need to be on the ball.
Played it a few times... nice day out. Lovely variation of par 3s which will make or break your score. The ravine is in play a couple of times, but doesn't really cause any difficulties. The par 3s however, particularly the two round the turn are a different matter! I walked off one with a 5 in a pairs comp, after being 8 foot above the hole after my tee shot!