Open Competitions 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted Member 1156

We played there in a strong wind just before this current lockdow. It’s a fun course with stunning views.
Some really good holes but some nothing holes too. Well worth the one visit ?
Make sure your clutch is in good condition before driving up the entrance road ?
Going up for this with the other half, might take her car :ROFLMAO:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saunton Easter Challenge & Saunders Cup @ Trevose both cancelled

The Easter medals @ RND are still plann to go ahead

Zig

Visit site
Yes, I believe you need to drive across a valley a few times (valley is too dramatic but i can't think of the right description). Definitely one where your tee shots need to be on the ball.
Played it a few times... nice day out. Lovely variation of par 3s which will make or break your score. The ravine is in play a couple of times, but doesn't really cause any difficulties. The par 3s however, particularly the two round the turn are a different matter! I walked off one with a 5 in a pairs comp, after being 8 foot above the hole after my tee shot!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just booked for my dad and me to play an open at Brancepeth Castle on 30th May. Never played there before but have heard decent things about it.

Looks to have some challenging par 3's.
Yes. you'll enjoy it I'm sure, as it's arguably the best parkland 'Club' course in the County. I've played there a number of times & in 2015 was where on the 15th, I got my one & only Hole-in-one when playing for Seaton in their annual Home & Away fixture.
I'm playing it in Aug as at £18 a man it's NE prices & excellent value. They're also making an attempt to dissuade the bandits by having an 18 HI limit which is the lowest I've seen for Opens. It doesn't mean it's bandit proof but they're making an effort. I've seen many Opens where they've still got the 28 max they'd used before WHS, which will mean in many cases that someone could be getting 31 shots in a B/B. I'm sure it's not what they are meaning to do just not a lot of thought gone into it.

Reactions: Zig